Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folk's...

Just wanted to get this in front of you incase you maybe interested.
Originally Posted by mass-n-trash
OK Folks, just got off the phone with Nick at Flowmaster. He is going to present what he has to management very soon. At this point, he only has around 28 e-mails and could really use more. If this works, he also indicated that they were thinking of offering a group buy deal to those interested.

So, this is the last push....if you are interested in the silencer and want to see them offer a bolt on version for the Viking, you NEED to send him an e-mail. This is NOT a commitment to purchase, as he doesn't know the price point yet. Just simply send an e-mail indicating interest.

Nick's e-mail [email protected] (Reference Yamaha Viking in the subject line)

Time is short...send an e-mail ASAP! This will be the one and only chance. If it's rejected, it will be dropped! Everyone that looks at this post should send an e-mail just to help those that really want this. Next time...it could be something YOU want!

Thanks QA

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Sent mine!!

Here's a vid of a hushpower installed on Viking, this one had to to be custom fitted, was for an Artic cat.

We want Flowmaster to make one specificity for the Viking, and be a direct bolt on.

[video=youtube;edgSH7qzR70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edgSH7qzR70&app=desktop[/video]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have about 130 miles on my Viking, I guarantee a exhaust silencer will not fix the noise problem. The loud noise that you here is the drive train, Believe me I wish this would work I would be buy one but I really believe this all this noise is the engine & drive train.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Read all the threads by "mass-n-trash" on the hushpower and soundproofing his Viking.

·
Banned
177 Posts
I have about 130 miles on my Viking, I guarantee a exhaust silencer will not fix the noise problem. The loud noise that you here is the drive train, Believe me I wish this would work I would be buy one but I really believe this all this noise is the engine & drive train.
Hello all...I thought I would come over here to see what was going on.

russjet....you are correct that a ton of the noise is coming from the drive train. However don't forget that the thin sheet metal bed on your Viking is a VERY good resonator of any and ALL noise. So, where is your exhaust...right under that big resonator. A silencer will only solve part of the problem...but it certainly is part of the noise equation. After that, I used some sound proofing material I got from a local company that specializes in soundproofing everything from RV's to helicopters. I can tell you this...sound is no longer an issue with my Viking. I can have a normal conversation with the person in the middle seat and have to raise my voice just slightly to talk to the person in the far seat. As a side note I should also mention that after I did all the other stuff, I was surprised to find that the DEEP throaty sound you here when under acceleration is actually coming from the intake under the hood. I would not have known this before I had addressed the other noise sources.

I have a couple videos, and a step by step soundproofing post, on the other site. I'm not claiming that you can make your Viking golf cart quiet...but the noise difference that can be had is night and day. Something for everyone to think about...how much did you spend on your front window, or winch, or ??? I have less $$$ in my sound proofing mods that I do in my window, or my winch, or my LED lights...you get the point.

In short, if you think your Viking is loud, there is a solution...you just have to decide if you want to fix it?

Hope this helps,
M-n-T

·
Registered
36 Posts
Use HushMat, it kills sound, vibration and reflects heat...

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Hey Turkey Hunter, just wanted to let you know ,there is a bolt on, ready to go, no welding, etc. Silencer out for the Viking now, called the Silent Rider, i just installed it on mine, and love it. website is www.atvsilencer.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the site. Had my 2014 viking for over six months and the the noise Dampiner Kit from Yamaha put on when I bought it. Didn't think it was to loud and is not hard to have conversation with passenger. Are people still having noise issues with this install. If so would this silencer help and is it a performance mod or just a silencer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I believe Mass-N-Trash put out a video on you tube and demonstrated how quiet it is with the silencer on it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My e-mail came back:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected]
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

I tried it twice but came back both times

·
Banned
177 Posts
The sound deadening material along with a silencer will give you the best results. Every little bit helps and doing everything will give you the quietest ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts