Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a KFI 4500lb winch last weekend. Here's some pics of the install. The hardest part was routing all the wires, trying to get them hidden and get an "oem look" to the contols. I think it turned out pretty fair. Water Vehicle Building Plant Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Plant Steering wheel Automotive design Gear shift Motor vehicle

Reactions: Ben and jbviking

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks good and very clean install..... indeed!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice work, looks factory!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all! I will try to get some pictures under the passenger wheel well soon, as I'd like to show other members exactly what wiring harness I tapped into for the switched power (it was the brown wire of the 4 wires... easily found with a voltmeter, but even easier when someone else has done it for you :cool: ). If anyone has any install questions, please ask. I spent about 10 hours longer than I should have on the project, but I'm happy with the results.

Also, as another member posted, all the wires from KFI come terminated. I cut the winch power wires to length, re-crimped on some new ends, heat-shrinked them, etc... but the excess control wires were pulled back to the frame under the dash and rolled up / zip-tied above the glove box, out of sight.

Reactions: Ben

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
you did a very good job on the install. And I am interested in the information on the plug you used.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll see if I can get to the dealership this weekend, Ben... I'll take a pic of the un-adulterated plug in question. :D I'll also take a pic of mine, but it's all sealed up with electrical tape / zip ties so it's hard to make out where I fabricated (ground down) a spade plug to insert into the harness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does look better with a little dirt on 'er, I have to admit. It gets old trailering it to the car wash, though... gotta get a good power washer.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts