Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few days of battling the hardware, here is what I came up with. The rear tubes are too fat so I added a plate to wrap around the bar. Thoughts?

Got my bow and rifle in. I wanted to do horizontal but the bar on the Viking comes out and I don't prefer it like that. Anyone use these?

Seems solid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good job!
I made a horizontal mount using 3/16" thick 2.5"x 2.5" aluminum angle and bolted it across the bed using the tapped holes in the bed rail. I mounted it on the most forward bed rail holes and I used the "old style" Kolpin U-shaped gun holders mounted on the aluminum angle (sorry, I'm no good at posting photos); there is clearance for the bed to be raised with either a gun or a shovel/rake placed in the Kolpins.
I have gone a bit crazy making brackets and such that bolt to the tapped holes in the bed rails and I wish I could figure out how to post photos. But, the first thing I made is the best IMO--I bought stainless steel angle (1"x1") and cut and drilled it to fit and bolted it on top of the bed rails so that it protects the top of the bed oem rails and wraps down on the inside of the bed---these bed rail "guards" really make the top of the bed solid and hard! Next, I made the above gun/shovel holder. Then I made bungee tie downs using aluminum angle bolted on top of the ss bed rail guards----these bungee tie downs can be located at various locations on the bed rails using the tapped holes. Since I plan to use this machine to spray weeds, I made a cross-bed brace for my 20 gal sprayer tank; I used square alum. tubing and bolted it across the bed (again using the existing tapped holes) and then I put foam "tubes" (pipe insulation from Home DePot) around the square tube----my spray tank will fit between the tailgate and the square tube and I can put a bungee or two around the tank to hold it snug to the foam covered square tube.
If you decide to go crazy (like me) making brackets and such be aware that the oem tapped holes in the bed rails are not uniformly spaced. Have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.