Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share my LED install. Saw someone on here give a thumbs up to the Lamphus Cruizer series so decided to give it a try after finding them on eBay. The buy-it-now is $79.99 but I caught one on an auction for $70.99 so I pulled the trigger. Very solid construction and the mounts really tackle the weird angles on the push bar.
image.jpg
I have OCD from working on turbine engines for 20+ years so wanted everything clean and neat on the install. I ran the harness back through/besides the drivers side headlight and used a grommet to get under the hood.
image.jpg
Once inside, I piggy backed up the headlight wiring and did a simple fused tap off the battery through a lighed LED switch I mounted beside the steering wheel.
image.jpg
Thought about using a relay to power them through the headlight switch, but there will be times I won't want them on when heading to my stand. I cleaned up the dealer install of my winch and found a good ground on the front of the radiator.
image.jpg
It's hard to believe how much light comes out of it for only being a 12" bar. You be the judge.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

·
Banned
261 Posts
Well done. Great light.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks good. You need some led head light bulbs now to match your bar.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Very nice!!!, it might have been mine you seen, i've had the same 12" light on my brush guard for awhile, and i had done the led rocker switch by the steering wheel too. Still works GREAT!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice!!!, it might have been mine you seen, i've had the same 12" light on my brush guard for awhile, and i had done the led rocker switch by the steering wheel too. Still works GREAT!!
So I owe you the beer! Drop by anytime. The garage fridge is always stocked.

Reactions: Viking2k14

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good. You need some led head light bulbs now to match your bar.
I don't know about that. I kinda like the low profile and dimness of the regular old headlights. Makes creeping through the woods a bit easier at zero dark thirty in the morning on the way to kill Bambi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts