Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 27x9x12 and 27x12x12 Maxxis Bighorns work ok, on the factory rims of the 2019 Viking? Will they rub on the tie rod end, or cause any other issues?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will the 27x9x12 and 27x12x12 Maxxis Bighorns work ok, on the factory rims of the 2019 Viking? Will they rub on the tie rod end, or cause any other issues?
Hi, just noticed you had got no replies, I don’t think you would have any problem with 27s , I’ve got 14” rims with 29.5 X 11 tyres all round and they don’t touch, only just though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, just noticed you had got no replies, I don’t think you would have any problem with 27s , I’ve got 14” rims with 29.5 X 11 tyres all round and they don’t touch, only just though
Thanks! The tie rod end is very close to my tire, with the factory 25" tires. Did not know if I could go to the larger tires on the front, without offset wheels. The rear tires, I think, will be ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! The tie rod end is very close to my tire, with the factory 25" tires. Did not know if I could go to the larger tires on the front, without offset wheels. The rear tires, I think, will be ok.
Yeah I thought there would be someone on here with the original wheels and 27's, seems awfully quiet here, might have to just try them and see, if they are a bit close just fit some spacers, I recon they will fit ok though seeing as my 29.5x11 fit without touching the tie rod, good luck! if you go searching on here I think there is a thread on different wheel and tyre sizes,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For some reason, some forums do not get much activity. I think it has to do with the website fooling the search engines, to list them first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put 28x10x14 Mongrels on my 2018 Viking still have plenty of clearance all around, with the 14" wheels it does get you a bit further away from the tie rod end, but you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here is a pic of 30x10x12 Interco Interforce next to the stock 25x9x12 bighorn, had to remove the bottom guard of the wheel well for clearence

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member. Just got this yesterday. It has 27” skinny/wide combo bighorns. This Viking has sat for 2 years after the fan failed and the owner never fixed it. These are showing some dry rot so I’ll replace them sometime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 30x10 r 15 kanati terra master, I put spacers on to match front and back offset. It rubs at full turn a little on the lower gaurd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts