Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum and have looked at quite a few of the different thread posts regarding wheels and tires. I haven't seen the question posted on how big of wheels and tires you can get without having a lift. Not my intention to be redundant by any means if it has, just looking for some insight as folks on this forum seem to be knowledgable and very honest.

My application will be just work around the farm, cruising gravel roads, hunting, etc.

I'm not opposed to a lift, but if not necessary with larger wheels and tires I'm leaning on saving the money for other extras.

A buddy has 27x9x14 in front 27x11x14 in rear and has been very pleased. I like the look, but if can go bigger I'd like to know.

Thanks for all the help, appreciate any feedback/advice given. I have been very impressed with this forum. I read the green machine build thread, very cool!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just installed 27x9x14/27x11x14 Moto Hammers on mine, and they work great! it is my understanding that you can easily go 28" without a lift. I've gotta say though, the 27's look perfect on the Viking..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 30s but did end up putting a kit after a while because they would rub a little if you cut the wheels sharp

·
Registered
40 Posts
14 inch beadlocks, with 28 inch Roctane XD's. Rub some at a full turn. It is a true to size tire. My brother runs a 28 as well but different brand, it measures 27.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah The Green Machine has a picture of just about everything and I believe I've even seen his mailbox. LOL!
I was told 27" was the largest you could go without a lift and when my stock tires wear out that is what i'm going to go to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black6 do you mind posting a pic of your Viking? I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not to good at posting pictures, sorry. I just got back from Windrock, my right front tire scrubs some, but only at full turn on bad trails. I will try to figure out the picture and post one

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 29 inch big horns on mine. I rode them for a while without a lift but like others have said I got some rubbing at full turn. I have since put the high lifter kit on and all is well image.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts