Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2017 Viking VI EPS (Blue). Love the machine.
Looking to buy a lift kit to go with the stock tires. May purchase bigger tires in the coming months.

I’ve seen a 2” Highlifter and a 2”-3” Strongmade. Wondering if anyone has used either on the Viking VI. I’d prefer to buy the 2-3” one if I can get it here in Canada and if it’s even made for my machine. I’ve also seen that I may need a 1” or greater wheel spacer for the rear. Any help and direction to a place to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Looking to buy a lift kit to go with the stock tires. May purchase bigger tires in the coming months.

I’ve seen a 2” Highlifter and a 2”-3” Strongmade. Wondering if anyone has used either on the Viking VI. I’d prefer to buy the 2-3” one if I can get it here in Canada and if it’s even made for my machine. I’ve also seen that I may need a 1” or greater wheel spacer for the rear. Any help and direction to a place to purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris
Hey man!
We have a 2" lift that doesn't require wheel spacers or anything. Pretty simple install. Plus, you get a little discount for being a member and we can ship it up to Canada for you. Here's a link: https://www.superatv.com/yamaha-viking-2-lift-kit
Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll get you the current forum discount code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put a 2" lift kit from High Lifter on my 18 without any problem at all. I don't think I would go any higher than 2" as it puts the front axle shafts in a pretty sharp angle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We also have a 4" full suspension lift that comes with all new arms, axles, brake lines, and everything you need to make that thing a monster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2020 Viking vi ranch and wanted to lift it, was curious if I could use a 2" lift kit and also install a set of 2" spacers on the shocks , wasn't sure if it would be too much without changing out the complete suspension .

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got a 2020 Viking vi ranch and wanted to lift it, was curious if I could use a 2" lift kit and also install a set of 2" spacers on the shocks , wasn't sure if it would be too much without changing out the complete suspension .
That's going to be too much. You'll end up putting the axles in a bind. If you're wanting that much lift, I'd highly recommend looking into our 4" complete suspension lift. You'll be riding at stock angles, plus get a full 4" of lift and way more ground clearance because of the high clearance arms. The lift and arms will also help you run a bigger tire which will allow for more ground clearance. If you wanna go really wild you can also add our 4" portal gear lift to that combo and make it a serious beast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Kris
Hey Kris I wet with the 2 inch highlifter shopped around not bad on the price and is good qaulity. I wouldnt go any bigger than 2 inch because ofthe angle on th axle shafts at full flex. I did go with 30 inch terra master on a 1,they rub a little at full turn. spacer wise i think I did 1inch in the rear and 3/4 in the front to even them out. 20200602_143241.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts