Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm presently looking at buying a new 2015 Viking 6. Just wondering what ppl think of theirs? Any issues? Or problems they have had.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm presently looking at buying a new 2015 Viking 6. Just wondering what ppl think of theirs? Any issues? Or problems they have had.
i have the viking 700 3 seater, I've only had it for a month and other than some noisey brakes (which I hear the dealer will fix if asked) i love it.
I wish i had gotten the viking 6 now for the extra room so DO IT! you'll love it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am coming from a new Wildcat X 2 seater that frankly spends more time buying parts and fixing it. I know its totally different machines. What is the seats, tires, and suspension like. Reliability is a key. I would be possibly maybe putting a little lift and tires on due to my area. And tracks in the winter.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Our Viking 6 has gone everywhere we went in machines we previously owned. It's big, comfortable, a little under powered but we have been very happy with it. 350 miles on it so far with no issues and being able to ride as a family makes it worth it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did hear it was a bit under powered. But willing to get over that. Getting the family and friends out is for sure the best part. No issues with people blowing belts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
No problems at all. I came from a Big Red to the viking, and was skeptical of the CVT. None better than the Yamaha. I got 900+ miles of severe use, with 28 inch tires . I'm a believer in the viking and its ultramatic trans

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Add another 300 miles to that and by now my 14 X went through a 4x4 actuator, primary clutch exploded took out the secondary and cover( Ac covered parts). Think it was built a day before a long weekend. And last weekend the starter idler gear chipped some teeth and the stator picked them up. Needless to say if I order from dealer 900$ or aftermarket 500. So its time to fix and trade the lemon in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had my VI for about three months now and can't be any happier. It is an enjoyable comfortable ride and can handle almost everything you throw at it. He sit is loud than some, but I love the sound. If the wife doesn't complain, then I'm good. I have added a few accessories to personalize it.
I can't recommend it more. It is perfect for a large family. It does about 50 mph with all seats filled and is Yamaha reliable.
Here are a few pic:
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle
Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Ecoregion
Wheel Sky Tire Car Hand
Vehicle Car Tire Grille Hood

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sweet ride. What's the gas mileage roughly getting?
I'm not exactly sure about mileage but it takes a good trip to even move the gas gauge. I still would buy the Viking VI if I were to do it all over again. I poked at the RZRs that every body has and swears by, but what I see is a money pit. This Viking VI may not get me there as fast, but I will be arriving in style and comfort. I also purchased the Yamaha YES plan with it, giving me another 48 months of warranty.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Love my v6. As stated above it does everything all the Polaris and canam do. Added lift and tires. Yamaha radio drowns out the noise from exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
I did hear it was a bit under powered. But willing to get over that. Getting the family and friends out is for sure the best part. No issues with people blowing belts?
I had my 3 seater out on the pavement the other day and it went 50 MPH now to me that is fast and not underpowered but it isn't a 6 either. I got the extended warranty i would recommend that. I have factory tires and I have yet to have a problem. It goes anywhere I want to go. With that said I still want to put larger tires and wheels on it but i'll wait till those tires are worn.
Seats are excellent but a cloth seat cover of some kind would be nice during hot weather because one can get swamp ass really quick. LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had my 3 seater out on the pavement the other day and it went 50 MPH now to me that is fast and not underpowered but it isn't a 6 either. I got the extended warranty i would recommend that. I have factory tires and I have yet to have a problem. It goes anywhere I want to go. With that said I still want to put larger tires and wheels on it but i'll wait till those tires are worn.
Seats are excellent but a cloth seat cover of some kind would be nice during hot weather because one can get swamp ass really quick. LOL

I had my VI out on the pavement just yesterday, and got up to 53 mph by myself. With the seats filled, I'm right around 48-50. Not too bad if you ask me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's pretty good I figured around 50. Does anyone know the feet from end of tire to end of tire on them. I have a feeling I will have to extend my trailer to hold her lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's pretty good I figured around 50. Does anyone know the feet from end of tire to end of tire on them. I have a feeling I will have to extend my trailer to hold her lol.
Just took a measurement for you. With the stock Bighorns, it is about 140" from edge of front tire to edge of rear tire. I carry it on a trailer with a 14' bed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the quick info. Roughly 11 1/2 ft. My trailer may work. The decks just that lol. I may have to add a piece just to be safe. Now if my parts for my current bike come in tomorrow hope to have the new rig possibly Friday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the quick info. Roughly 11 1/2 ft. My trailer may work. The decks just that lol. I may have to add a piece just to be safe. Now if my parts for my current bike come in tomorrow hope to have the new rig possibly Friday.
Here in So Cal, since the VI is not on Yamaha's lineup for 2016, the dealers are blowing them out. You can find them here for at least a couple grand off MSRP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I am getting a bunch off. It's a deal that I almost can't refuse. Plus up here in Canada with the Canadian dollar worth nothing. So it's even better

1 - 20 of 36 Posts