Yamaha Viking Forum banner

Making my own Street Legal Kit

9K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Jdawg 
#1 ·
I know it would probably be easier to just buy a kit, but where is the fun in that?

I have a bunch of parts on order to get this project started.

Here's the start I mounted the light front and rear

The horn and flasher relay should be here within a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I know it would probably be easier to just buy a kit, but where is the fun in that?

I have a bunch of parts on order to get this project started.

Here's the start I mounted the light front and rear

The horn and flasher relay should be here within a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Looks Good! I want the pup! LOL

#7 ·
Some parts came in this week.

I picked up a horn 105db for $5.40 shipped

Led flasher $6.50 part# jl-02

And finally side mirrors off Amazon for $45

Altogether I will be less then $100 for a full street legal kit. As more stuff comes in I will post.

#13 ·
SWEET! Are you going to drive it to work and stuff? Or did you just want to be able to ride it in the street? I guess you'll have to have a license plate as well. View attachment 1891
I'm going to wait until spring to take it in and have the safety inspection done and get plates. I plan on using it running around town and to take the kids to soccer that kind of stuff. In Utah utvs are legal on all roads that don't have more then one lane traveling the same direction.

#14 ·
I remember back in Germany in the 90's getting the safety inspection done for GI's cars. A day or two before inspection you would borrow the tires off somebody else's POS Opel that had tread on them and leave a carton of Marlboros an a fifth of Jack sitting on the passenger seat when you pulled in for you inspection. Shortly thereafter, "Kein problem."

Sent from under a mesquite tree while sipping on cholla juice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.