Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've had my 2015 EPS Viking for a couple of weeks, I want to tackle the sound issue.

Tried the temporary "towels behind and below the seats" hack and it made a difference. Time to install proper sound damping materials.

Where can i buy these foam mats as described in Mass-N-Trashes modification or other successful mods?

Thanks,
Big Easy

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here in Montgomery Alabama we have a company called Prices rubber products. I've also done a Google search and found a place online that sells it. Sorry can't find the link at the moment, if I do I'll post it.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Content member Mass-n-Trash. He can tell you where to order from

·
Banned
177 Posts
Now that I've had my 2015 EPS Viking for a couple of weeks, I want to tackle the sound issue.

Tried the temporary "towels behind and below the seats" hack and it made a difference. Time to install proper sound damping materials.

Where can i buy these foam mats as described in Mass-N-Trashes modification or other successful mods?

Thanks,
Big Easy

Here's where I purchased mine Best Soundproofing Materials, Noise Control Materials and Solutions by soundproofing.org (ask for Randy). Remember, it's a cumulative thing...every little bit helps. OEM sound deadening kit...or DIY kit. Bed mat - Floor mats - Silencer - rear window. I have all of these and can easily have a conversation with all passengers. If you were to ride in mine, you would not think it's any louder than anything out there...and in fact is quieter than most.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would closed cell foam work as a sound dampening material? If not, how is the rubber installed? Is it one piece from the front end of the seats all the way to the top of the back rests or six individual pieces (two for each seat)? Thanks

·
Banned
177 Posts
Would closed cell foam work as a sound dampening material? If not, how is the rubber installed? Is it one piece from the front end of the seats all the way to the top of the back rests or six individual pieces (two for each seat)? Thanks
Unfortunately this site blocks the link to the other Viking site (BS)! Anyways, go to vikingforumDOTorg and look up my post under "How to make your Viking MUCH quieter (DIY)" in the DIY section. I did a whole write up on what I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts