Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I'm new to the UTV world. I have been riding 4x4 atvs for 15 years, but for mama's sake we made the change. So after the initial purchase I installed a soft top, half window, and warn winch. I ordered a new set of big horn radial 26 inch tires, the 2mm shims, gold secondary clutch spring , and 18 gram weights. What else should I do for colorado trail riding? I don't care if she goes 50 mph. I just want it to get through the mud and rocks with no issues. Also I was thinking of installing a 2 inch lift kit.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! I would slug the wet clutch at a very minimum and enjoy it!!

Sent from The Green Machine

·
Registered
78 Posts
Make sure you search for the fuel tank mod. It's just a filter on the roll over valve to stop dust intrusion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Running stock in CO without any clutch mods. No issues. Been in some tough spots. If I lift or increase tire diameter, I will alter clutch. Bottom line, drive it like you stole it... It's a Yamaha!
My riding is primary slow and low, not speed unless I am running to the trail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Ragen. But I have been bogged down twice now in the rocks. I got through it but it took some doing. That's why I'm putting on bigger tires and doing some minor clutch work. I don't care about the speed either. But I want to be able to crawl with a bit more torque.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You might end up with the front torque limiter slipping with more torque. Mine was doing it almost every ride with no mods. Only 27" Rip saws. When it slips, it sounds like the front diff is gonna explode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts