Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, I just bought a new 2016 Viking eps recently. I haven't rode it much yet, one thing I would like to know is whether I can ride it on pavement without doing any damage to it. seems like it would be better if it had a way to unlock the rear differential. I assume both rear wheels pull all the time. is that correct? anyway, ive been reading a lot here before and after I bought it and it really means a lot to have a place to learn whats what on this machine. I hope I don't get too carried away buying stuff for it. probably will though.I would like to buy the fan bypass and maybe the better fan I see for sale. am curious if this could void my warranty. already bought a front bumper and mirrors. --------dale

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Welcome to the site. I bought mine in January of 2014 and have put a lot of miles on the paved road, mostly traveling from home to my uncles farm. I haven't had any issues with mine and I'm running 28" swamplite tires on 14" itp ss wheels. The rear diff is locked all the time but it doesn't hurt anything, except the yard when you turn sharp.lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site. I bought mine in January of 2014 and have put a lot of miles on the paved road, mostly traveling from home to my uncles farm. I haven't had any issues with mine and I'm running 28" swamplite tires on 14" itp ss wheels. The rear diff is locked all the time but it doesn't hurt anything, except the yard when you turn sharp.lol
thanks for the info. I am looking at seats for sale to put in the bed. I would like to see a photo of your rear rollcage if you have one. did you have to modify the clutch or anything else to run those bigger tires ?---

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
No I didn't change clutch, but I will be upgrading clutch in the future, only because I want to spin in the mud more.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts