Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you want to?
Because I already use this in my 06 dodge Cummins and my 08 dodge caliber, and it's cheaper than Yamalube from the dealer, not including the $5 rebate is why

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5....and a lenght of string

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Ive always used Yamalube in all my Yamahas, really good stuff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did a lot of research on using rotella in atv's and it was divided. I found no conclusive information that it was 100% compatible with wet clutch applications. I use the yamalube for the first 50 hrs, for a good break in, and then switch to royal purple.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And now I only have to buy one oil for everything I used shipped to the door, running to the dealer for Yamalube is a 170 mile round trip for me

·
Registered
256 Posts
For some of you skeptics on Shell Rotella T6......I use it in my 08 Toyota Matrix since new......it now has 170,xxx miles...runs like a champ.

I used it in my 2012 R6 which I bought new....This was a daily driver and a track bike...yes, I used this oil in my track bike that saw 14k rpm shift points continuously.....for entire track days which equates to about 5-7 sessions....each session being 10-15 minutes long.

I also use it for my dads 03 3500 Cummins RAM.

I will now use it for my Viking. Great stuff, cheap, and versatile. What more can you ask for?

Reactions: kasja55

·
Registered
19 Posts
I never remember seeing the JASO rating on the old jug of T6, but now it's obviously there. I stopped using T6 in my cummins trucks when I got better oil analysis results from Valvoline Prem Blue.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Another oil I use in my ATV/UTV's is Motul 7100 ful synth....great stuff and slightly cheaper than the ever so expensive YamaLube stuff. The Motul 300 is even better but being a full race oil....you only get about 2k miles before you start feeling clunky shifts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For some of you skeptics on Shell Rotella T6......I use it in my 08 Toyota Matrix since new......it now has 170,xxx miles...runs like a champ.

I used it in my 2012 R6 which I bought new....This was a daily driver and a track bike...yes, I used this oil in my track bike that saw 14k rpm shift points continuously.....for entire track days which equates to about 5-7 sessions....each session being 10-15 minutes long.

I also use it for my dads 03 3500 Cummins RAM.

I will now use it for my Viking. Great stuff, cheap, and versatile. What more can you ask for?
That's what I have, an 06 srw dodge ram 3500 Cummins, ordered it new from factory uploadfromtaptalk1425765139360.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
image.jpg In Yamaha manuals states not to use Desiel oils rated CD. My Grizzly manual said the same. Some of my friends used it with no issues but I use a specific atv oil.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts