Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

This is Marty from whomoto.com. We've been a PRC sponsor for probably a decade making roofs and various accessories for the Polaris Rangers.

WMO-YAVIK6RF-3T.jpg

We have had requests to build a similar roof for the Viking VI and I'm happy to say that they are complete. Like all of our roofs they're one piece, 1/8 inch aluminum and are as strong as you will just about ever need a roof to be. Made entirely in the USA, they are fully trailerable and mount using existing holes in the roll cage. The roofs are pre-drilled and come with everything required to mount them. Mounting only takes 10 minutes or so using a wrench or two.
Because they are one piece they do have to be shipped freight and we use FedEx for that. Please give Myself or Ryan a call if you have any questions. We will be giving forum members a discount until the end of November or until we say otherwise. =)

So here is the link for more pictures and a more complete description.
Yamaha Viking VI-6 Aluminum One Piece Roof

PS We have front and rear windows coming soon.

Marty - 352-639-0849 Motorcycle accessories, side by side, UTV parts. Quality components with superior customer service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi phoenix1811,

I never needed an accurate weight so exactly I do not know. I'd guess 40-45 pounds, maybe a tad less. Once bolted down this roof (or any of them for that matter) squeak, rattle etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Marty I just purchased a Viking 6 and I'm very interested in your roof, any issues with shipping to az ? Other than your roof being more durable what are some of the other advantages to your roof ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks Marty I just purchased a Viking 6 and I'm very interested in your roof, any issues with shipping to az ? Other than your roof being more durable what are some of the other advantages to your roof ?

If mounting an antenna to the roof for a two way radio it would offer an ground plane that the plastic one does not.

Too soon to tell if the plastic roof will succumb to heat and UV damage from life in the Mojave, however, aluminum would be impervious to that. On that same note it would not be susceptible to cold weather cracking.

Downsides that I see would be cost and weight of course, but that if hit it would dent and not simply bounce back into shape as plastic can.

Sent from under a mesquite tree while sipping on cholla juice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Well first off, sorry for the late reply. I didn't get the note on your post. Our roofs are all one piece so they will never leak, weight wise they are very close to plastic, as strong as steel with maybe a third the weight. Obviously they wont rust either. Trailering etc. they are plenty strong and don't need to be strapped down, removed etc.
Refilling deer stands, running hay? They'll support it all. We've had everything from parties to machine guns on them.

Marty

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Too soon to tell if the plastic roof will succumb to heat and UV damage from life in the Mojave, however, aluminum would be impervious to that. On that same note it would not be susceptible to cold weather cracking.
The plastic will in time. Guaranteed.
Downsides that I see would be cost and weight of course, but that if hit it would dent and not simply bounce back into shape as plastic can.
They are more expensive than plastic but if you needed it to be more than just a roof it is. Plastic works fine for some, never for some. Just depends on your needs. I'd be willing to bet the plastic one's are pretty expensive considering.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The plastic will in time. Guaranteed.
Automotive plastics have proven quite durable. Mine's spent its time living under a tarp parked in my side yard since I've had it now for about 6 months. Hopefully it'll wind up with a place in the garage once I clear some stuff out.

The aluminum does appeal to me simply for the ground plane aspect I mentioned earlier as at some point I'll be mounting a ham radio in it. Actually if I didn't have a roof already this metal one would be first on my list for that reason alone.

Sent from under a mesquite tree while sipping on cholla juice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts