Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Yamaha Viking EPS that appears to be overheating and white smoke coming out of tail pipe. I suspect it is a thermostat issue? Is also doesn't start consistently. Any help is appreciated. My son is turning 16 tomorrow and was having his buddies over for a party to ride the side by side, but right now - it is sidelined! Please help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like a blown head gasket. What's probably happening is that the head gasket is compromised and the antifreeze is leaking into the cylinder creating the white smoke and the lack of antifreeze in the cooling system is causing the overheating. You'll need to make sure to refill the cooling system with the proper amount of antifreeze and check for leaks. If there's no leaks showing and you're still seeing white smoke and the coolant level keeps decreasing, it's most likely the head gasket.
Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same thing here. Dealer replaced head gasket. Took a month. Blew the same day I brought it home. Now they refuse to repair unless I pay 2500 for engine rebuild. Yamaha customer service was a disappointing conversation as well.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Same thing here. Dealer replaced head gasket. Took a month. Blew the same day I brought it home. Now they refuse to repair unless I pay 2500 for engine rebuild. Yamaha customer service was a disappointing conversation as well.
This was a new unit?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cooling fan failure. I replaced fan, all good till two or three days latter, maybe five miles, then I started spraying for mosquitoes whith white smoke. Mech said internals good , head not warped. Got it back home and same thing. Great machine till this. Just loss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts