Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are like me, many of you have probably taken off after being parked and then forgotten to take the parking brake off. For me, that little indicator light in the speedo just wasn't cutting it. So I found a place that has labeled indicator lights and decided do try one out. MUCH brighter and I located it so it should be easier to see. Total cost w/shipping was just under $26.
Here's the place, they have pretty much every indicator light and color you can think of. And, if they don't have the exact label you need, they can make custom ones as well. Contact person was Tracy and, now that I'm done, I am going to get back to him to see how others might get these...as they normaly work through dealers. K4 | Quality Switcheslegend indicator lights Details (Company name is "K-4 Switches"...very nice people to work with!)
Install is easy...I tapped into the helmet light/wire for power and ran it directly to the back of the light. Then I cut the plug that goes to the Parking brake light and ran one end to ground and the other end to the back of the light. Ya pull the parking brake lever and it completes the circiut... Piece of cake! He had me try a regular bulb and an LED bulb. Believe it or not, the regular bulb works better with this config.

EDIT: Here's the retail dealer info if you want some of these. [email protected]
855-797-7373
Ask for Brandon or Chad.

DSCN0702.jpg DSCN0705.jpg DSCN0706.jpg DSCN0708.jpg

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Where did you order the switch cluster from. That looks great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts