Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Viking EPS. I am sitting on 27" Tusk Terrabite 8ply tires. I am thinking of doing the following:
JBS Sheave with secondary spring and slug kit - Is everyone happy with their performance improvements with this type of a setup? Also, is anyone familiar with Shock Therapy shocks? I am considering doing the level 1 front/rear shock upgrade instead of a lift kit - input is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
31 Posts
I had 27's on my bike with Jbs 17g weights. No real need for a secondary spring at that point. Imo. When I went to 29" I keep the same set up and added a purple spring. Works great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you notice a big improvement on the low end and what did it improve your top end speed to? Thank you for the great information - much appreciated sir

·
Banned
31 Posts
Low end is what it improves most. You may get a little more on the top end, but these motors just plain run out of power. It is well worth the upgrade.

·
Banned
31 Posts
I'd try to do without the lift kit. That's the benefit of a longer shock. You get to keep the factory shock angle and geometry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2018 Viking EPS. I am sitting on 27" Tusk Terrabite 8ply tires. I am thinking of doing the following:
JBS Sheave with secondary spring and slug kit - Is everyone happy with their performance improvements with this type of a setup? Also, is anyone familiar with Shock Therapy shocks? I am considering doing the level 1 front/rear shock upgrade instead of a lift kit - input is greatly appreciated.
I have had good luck with all my JBS products, I just put 2019 wolv r spec shocks all the way around and had to take of all my lift kit because I got the lift from the shocks, the only mod I had to do was the sway bar. and it ride good and I have more articulation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts