Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here and first post, I've been reading the forum for months. Thanks to you guys I ordered a 2016 Viking 3 Camo eps. Hopefully It'll come in soon. I use to own a 2014 grizzly 700 eps that I built for swamp/water. It's reliability is what sold me, along with the same Yamaha reputation and this forum that lead me to purchasing the Viking.

Anyways, I called JBS on Tuesday and ordered:
Sheave
17g weights
Slugs
.5 shim just in case

The secondary spring and lighter weight apparently calls for a Cdi box.

Mods in boxes:
Strong made 3" lift
14x7 msa vibe
30x10x14 monster mayhem (39-41lbs)
Viper elite 4K winch

My question is what set up are you running, are you happy and what's your experience
(I ride 5-10mph mainly all mud and water) but hit trails too

Thank you in advance!

I attached pics of the grizzly since everyone likes pics

Attachments

·
Banned
170 Posts
I run 30"(29" 35lb) Blackwaters with slugged extreme sheave 18gm weights. I like everything about it more low plenty of power and 55mph. Just changed to 16gm weights for more grunt down low for the deep water/mud. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
2014 Viking SE
28" Outlaw M/S/T's stock SE wheels
JBS extreme sheave 17gr and wet clutch slug kit
Just ordered .5 and.75 shims

Definitely smoothed out the ride on take off, I mostly ride around slow usually 10-20mph, occasional mud, lots of water usually try and go around it

·
Banned
60 Posts
I would post a pic but it will not upload. My setup is extreme sheave, 16g rollers, slugged wet clutch, and purple secondary spring. I have 2+ in homemade lift kit, an exhaust tip I made custom, and I have 29.5x10x12 terminators on stock Viking wheels. I have only had one ride with the terms but it was a weekend ride at brimstone and the setup done great. I did run the setup with 27 in mega mayhems for about a year before I got the terms and the power was awesome. With terms and JBS setup I climbed a steep slick hill and purposely slowed down to 2 mph and creeped up like it was nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.