Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here and first post, I've been reading the forum for months. Thanks to you guys I ordered a 2016 Viking 3 Camo eps. Hopefully It'll come in soon. I use to own a 2014 grizzly 700 eps that I built for swamp/water. It's reliability is what sold me, along with the same Yamaha reputation and this forum that lead me to purchasing the Viking.

Anyways, I called JBS on Tuesday and ordered:
Sheave
17g weights
Slugs
.5 shim just in case

The secondary spring and lighter weight apparently calls for a Cdi box.

Mods in boxes:
Strong made 3" lift
14x7 msa vibe
30x10x14 monster mayhem (39-41lbs)
Viper elite 4K winch

My question is what set up are you running, are you happy and what's your experience
(I ride 5-10mph mainly all mud and water) but hit trails too

Thank you in advance!

I attached pics of the grizzly since everyone likes pics

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the jbs sheave with 17g slugs. Had 28" mega mayhems just changed to 31" outlaws on the msa vibes as well. Seems to be ok with the bigger tires but I could prob go to smaller weights tho.

·
Banned
171 Posts
I run 30"(29" 35lb) Blackwaters with slugged extreme sheave 18gm weights. I like everything about it more low plenty of power and 55mph. Just changed to 16gm weights for more grunt down low for the deep water/mud. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
2014 Viking SE
28" Outlaw M/S/T's stock SE wheels
JBS extreme sheave 17gr and wet clutch slug kit
Just ordered .5 and.75 shims

Definitely smoothed out the ride on take off, I mostly ride around slow usually 10-20mph, occasional mud, lots of water usually try and go around it

·
Banned
60 Posts
I would post a pic but it will not upload. My setup is extreme sheave, 16g rollers, slugged wet clutch, and purple secondary spring. I have 2+ in homemade lift kit, an exhaust tip I made custom, and I have 29.5x10x12 terminators on stock Viking wheels. I have only had one ride with the terms but it was a weekend ride at brimstone and the setup done great. I did run the setup with 27 in mega mayhems for about a year before I got the terms and the power was awesome. With terms and JBS setup I climbed a steep slick hill and purposely slowed down to 2 mph and creeped up like it was nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts