Yamaha Viking Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got the Strong Made lift on today. Set rear at 3", front at 2". Gained 2-1/4 in rear, 1" in front

Reactions: Mass-n-trash

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey all, I hate for this to be my first post but I just bought a 2015 Viking SE and after a weekend of riding I could see with my naked eye that the back was sagging. I'm down to 9 3/4" after 171 miles. A big part of the reason why I bought the Viking was the 600 lb. load rating because I plan on loading it up with things like Elk quarters and camping gear. I expected more from a machine as being billed as a heavy duty work vehicle. I shouldn't have to be putting even more of my money in just to get it to factory specs. Not pleased.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is really getting under my skin. Saturday I dragged the tail end over a bunch of rocks that easily cleared the front. I shouldn't have to be spending my money to fit it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys I have a 2014 Viking with the same problem!!! I called CS, and Sean said that he has not heard of that problem!!!!! after I call him I started reading the forum and saw all the other post on this problem!! and called him back to let him know about y'all having contacted them all year!! he said that YAMAHA DOES NOT READ FORUMS !! They only take feedback from owners and dealers!! I put in a request to speak with his boss. he said that I should get a response in 3 days!! yah right!!, So I called the owner of my local dealer and told him our problem and he said he will talk to his YAMAHA rep and to corp and complain! so in the mean time I ordered the 2+3 strong made lift kit, shock spacers and thinking about getting some 27'' ripsaw tires, that should do the trick!! I live in Louisiana but I'm taking it to Colorado at the end of the month for ELK hunting, and I know I will need the ground clearance!! LOL !!

·
Banned
177 Posts
Truckzilla FYI: Several of us have actually had formal claims going on this very issue. I purchased mine not too long after they came out, and started inquiring about the sagging issue almost immediately. They are absolutely full of CRAP telling you they have not heard of this problem! If you want to escalate ...feel free to reference my claim (under my last name..."Walter" from San Diego county.) I have no problem if someone from Yamaha wants to talk with me as well. I would LOVE to enlighten them!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yamaha should read these forums! This is where the rubber meets the road and a lot of people form their opinions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The stock shocks are $100 per corner. They are the cheapest thing they could throw on to get them out the door.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Shock Therapy now has a coil spring kit for the Vikings. Looks like they have a standard and heavy duty kit available. Isn't it funny how Yamaha says they have not heard of the "sagging" issue, but some vendors have heard and seen enough to feel it would be profitable to come up with a solution. I mean...they certainly wouldn't have gone through all of the R&D if it were just an isolated machine here and there DOH! Yamaha Viking Spring Kit - Shock Therapy, LLC

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've been watching ride height and presently I have around 11 1/2. I'll put this kit on the I want list.
Thanks Mass!

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE: I received a call from a CS Manager the next day and she said they know about some complaints about the shocks but not enough to say that are a part failure!! but they will look into it!! HA HA !! SO KEEP COMPLAING AND TELL YOUR DEALER TO AS WELL!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are the dealers replacing them under war. if still applicable?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are the dealers replacing them under war. if still applicable?
I just had mine in for service (with the extended warranty) and I was told that 2.5" was considered "normal". What a joke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just made a claim through my dealer and they asked for a picture of the entire Viking not shock specific. They tell me that new rear shocks are on the way, I am not holding my breath until they are on my machine. I have only had the Viking less than 3 months and I have 250 mile on it, we will see what Yamaha does. If this isn't taken care of I will be going back to Polaris. At least I know they don't back their bikes....lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just made a claim through my dealer and they asked for a picture of the entire Viking not shock specific. They tell me that new rear shocks are on the way, I am not holding my breath until they are on my machine. I have only had the Viking less than 3 months and I have 250 mile on it, we will see what Yamaha does. If this isn't taken care of I will be going back to Polaris. At least I know they don't back their bikes....lol
Was there anything specific you said or your dealer noted? The service manager at my Yamaha dealer acted as though there was some kind of guideline on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL they acted like I was crazy and they have never heard of any of this and almost offended by me suggesting this. They asked me for a picture of my side by side not a picture measuring or anything but jus a pic? I sent it and have heard nothing at this point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too have had sagging in the rear and I have to replace a shock as well. Out of warranty now. I was wondering if anyone thought of using the shocks out of a Wolverine? A friend of mine just picked up a 2016 LE with FOX shocks on it. They are 2 inches longer and he has his setup that rides like a Cadillac. No bottoming out or sagging issues yet. There is only 100+/- lbs in the difference, so I'm told, and I was wondering if it is an option. It would be nice to have a re-buildable shock in the rear. It would also be nice to be able to set preload and rebound.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts