Yamaha Viking Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
rear suspension sag

I have a 2015 Viking 6 and I bought from Unlimited Cycle center in Tyrone Pa. I had a 2" sag at about 150 miles and I called them they ordered me new shocks after providing pictures. These guys are super cool they let me take my shocks off and bring them in for new ones without taking my viking in. I had zero downtime and now I have loaded mine with sand and always have it loaded with coolers ect when riding and I haven't had the issue since. I have also lifted it and put 30" tires on it ect but its been great ever since. My only complaint is the lack of power even with a topnotch clutch kit. The clutch helped a ton thanks to JBM but still this machine would be much better with a 1000 triple.

I think that all the suspension issues with Yamaha are your dealer doesn't want to do anything to help you.Yamaha could care less about you as an individual but if the dealer starts screaming its a different story especially if like mine your dealer sells several competing lines as they can direct you to the manufacture that has the best service. So my recommendation is the dealer that sold it is ultimately responsible to help you out of warr. or not. They made the sale they made the money now make them work for you. If they don't social media is a very powerful tool to vent your frustration and copy the dealer page as well. If your potentially effecting their profits they will be more then likely to step it up, and this is my problem with these places no one just does the right thing anymore. Just my 2 cents........

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry there was 250 on it when I had this issue and my dealer was great I will deff. but from them again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have put about 400 miles on the new shocks and still holding strong!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Couple of questions on this. Has Yamaha made any changes on the 2016's to help with this problem? Is anyone using the VI rear shocks without a lift and how is the ride quality when not loaded?

Thanks for any input, I am trying to decide on a side by side. Like any other vehicle it appears that you have to decide which weakness you can most live with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For anyone still fighting with this rear sag issue, I just fitted new springs on my 2014 viking and it fixed the problem. Cheaper then replacing with new shock assembly. THE new springs are manufactured by EPI Performance and we're supplied at a cost of $75 CDN each by Royal Distributing in Canada. My spring compressor would not fit so took them to a shop for the swap which cost $50. Clearance now is back to 13.5 inch with 2" lift kit. The ride has not been affected that I can notice.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts