Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, 2 questions,

Since the Viking line is, for the lack of better words, dead, discontinued, kaput.

Are performance parts going to dry up?

I contacted Alba Racing and enquired about parts for my Viking but they only list parts for the Rhino.

Catch my drift?

If the aftermarket doesn't continue to support our Vikings i'm guessing we will be at the Mercy of Yamaha.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Viking is being replaced in the 2016 lineup by something, but no one knows what it is as of yet. They are releasing the information on Sept 1.
Maybe I should have used the words "upgraded to a newer model"....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just e-mailed my Salesman at my local dealer and asked him if he had any information concerning my questions on the Viking, he said he hasn't heard of any such news....
I guess i'll wait until September 1 and see if the rumor I heard was true.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update from my salesman, he said they may add another line but he hasn't heard of the Viking being discontinued.
We shall see. I hope he is correct though.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
They need to come out with a new Viking, with bigger V-twin motor, adjustable shocks, bigger tires, atleast 27's.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They seemed to have dropped the 700 and replace it wit the 708cc dual cam. My guess is there sticking that motor in the Viking for 2016. That's why there are no 2016 Vikings on the yammy web site.

Or maybe new decals.!!?? Lol!

Reactions: Mass-n-trash

·
Registered
181 Posts
I haven't heard anything about Yamaha dropping the Viking. The new model that everyone is talking about appears to be pure Sport. Check this site for all the latest information Yamaha Banshee Forums (Name may change, but it's the rumored name that seems to have a good fit)

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
True, they've recycled names of just about everything else. Viking...name of a Snowmobile....Wolverine, old atv...Banchee, old atv..who knows whats next.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm pretty sure they're continuing the Viking. My dealer says sales overall have been pretty good. I just think they're focusing the hype on the new ride right now..

Guess we'll see.

Reactions: Jdawg

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I love my Viking and I'll keep it for a long time!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Didn't someone just buy a 2016 Viking ?

Someone on the other Viking forum just bought a 2016 camo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SWEET! Awesome news!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts