Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone out there making a snorkel kit for the Viking or Viking VI????

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought the kit listed in the link above. Pretty descent. Bed opens and shuts with it. Requires you to drill into the airbox and makes it a little difficult to remove dip stick but all in all pretty descent. Snorkeled my vi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would not recommend the snorkel kit from "Snorkel Your ATV. com" Like cleang35 said, you cannot remove your dipstick, and my particular kit interfered with the gear shift mechanism. I had to rebuild the air intake portion from scratch. Doing so I found that a 2" pvc pipe can fit under the right passenger seat in between the frame and gas tank, and turn to fit into the air box. This is a much better design and route as I can completely access my dip stick and the gear shift mech is untouched. Here's a photo, sorry I didn't want to take the right passenger seat off but I will if you want to see exactly how it was done. My advice, do like Mello did on the clutch side, and do like I did on the intake side. You'll be ready to go for about $40.00.
20150824_201925.jpg

Reactions: Jdawg

·
Banned
147 Posts
You actually can fit 2-2" inch tubes in there for the air intake! Also I just installed the sound dampening kit with my snorkel!

·
Registered
81 Posts
You actually can fit 2-2" inch tubes in there for the air intake! Also I just installed the sound dampening kit with my snorkel!
Did u drill into your air box or connect it with like a y fitting? I may end up redoing my air intake side

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ok good deal. I thought of adding 2 but not so sure if it would help with air flow but def need to change what I got

·
Enjoying my Viking
540 Posts
So I am going to ask a dumb question here. What do you do with the opening for the factory intake tube that runs to the front?

·
Banned
147 Posts
Yep same thing but no silicone-I do construction and have a better roof glue that I use that is better than silicone-I have found that silicone does not stick very well to smooth plastic.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts