Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing the viking today and was looking to see the best way to run tubing for snorkel then I got to thinking what good will the snorkel do with the way the dipstick for engine oil is I would think water would be able to get past the rubber seal and load the crankcase up with water any options on this or am I just being to cautious thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was washing the viking today and was looking to see the best way to run tubing for snorkel then I got to thinking what good will the snorkel do with the way the dipstick for engine oil is I would think water would be able to get past the rubber seal and load the crankcase up with water any options on this or am I just being to cautious thanks
I have a snorkel kit from snorkelyouratv and all vented lines and have gone seat height in water everytime I ride no water in crankcase the dipstick seals good u wont get eater through there at all

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been in water were i was sitting in water two inches over the seat for over 150 feet of water trail. no water in the motor or air box. I am snorkeld.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info dose the kit from snorkel your atv use the factory air box or dose it relocate the air filter somewhere else

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the info dose the kit from snorkel your atv use the factory air box or dose it relocate the air filter somewhere else
ya I was wondering the same thing and what size are the tubes ...2 inch ... pics of the intake would be great . plz post some

·
Registered
45 Posts
ya I was wondering the same thing and what size are the tubes ...2 inch ... pics of the intake would be great . plz post some
its 2 inch tubing and u have to drill a hole in the side of the box and come with a rubber civer for the stock snorkel location

·
Registered
75 Posts
Take the cover off the black centerpiece cover ( between the seats) off two screws. The take the top of the exhaust collar off (clamp) Slide new clamp on snorkel hose and push down over exhaust top. Then take the hose and push it down through the inside. It;s tight to start with but it will work. Tighten top clam and replace cover. The snorkel did help my 450 put is not a cure. There is a video U tube that shows exacrly what I'm talking about

1 - 9 of 9 Posts