Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard so much about cracked cases on 14's ???? These dudes make it seem like everyone will do it. How many out there with 14's have had trouble free service this far ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've heard so much about cracked cases on 14's ???? These dudes make it seem like everyone will do it. How many out there with 14's have had trouble free service this far ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't worry about it my Viking had a bad leak and it ended up being a defective seal in between the crankcase warranty covered it. Everyone was telling me that I had a crankcase that cracked for sure

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had my 14 about 15 months now. May have a little oil around rear axle seals and i mean just a little but cant say ive heard anything about cracked cases.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my 14 for just o little over a year now. At 102 miles my dipstick blew out and all the oil with it. The motor locked up and tore the transmission and the clutch out with it. everything went good as the warranty covered everything. Now a year and 4 days after the complete rebuild it happened again. This time I heard the dipstick pop and hit the gas tank and reached up to kill the motor but it was to late. the motor is locked up solid and now Yamaha is reluctant to fix it. I have a total of 2463 miles on it. It was 35 degrees out and the motor had been running for at least 10 min. The first time it happened I had been driving it for about 2 hours. Is anyone else having these problems?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sdcowboy I saw a thread on here a few months ago that said something about the breather for the crankcase I believe freezing up and being blocked that it's building pressure and blowing the dip stick out. The fix was something like putting a filter on the breather to help keep it breathing. If I see it again I will share it with you

·
Registered
2 Posts
talked to my dealer yesterday and Yamaha has changed the breather hose on the 2015. So that is why there has been no problems with them. The cost of the different hose is about $9. why couldn't Yamaha do a recall or at lest let the dealerships know about this problem. The 2015's were already out when I locked up the motor last year. Yamaha made my dealer order the entire engine part by part. Not once did they mention about the change in the 2015 breather hose. Now I have another blown motor. I would've been more than happy to pay the $9 for the hose. Not real happy with Yamaha but, hopefully they will step up and fix it. Only time will tell. If it wasn't for the people on this forum I wouldn't have ever figured it out. Thanks to everyone and I'll check back with the results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts