Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while(1800miles) since i installed a simple spring fix on the viking 2015. Although Yamaha warranty did replace the rear shocks, after many complaints for the rear sag issue. i did not replace them they just sent me new ones, did not want to old back) and the new shocks are still on the shelf! i want to see if installing a 1-3/4" round aluminum spacer on the top side of the shock would eliminate the sag. ( dimension of this spacer is approximately slightly larger then the spring with the inside measuring slightly larger then the shock, the exact dimensions were not kept,, sorry.) A drop ridge is machined into one side (top) , where the size of the original slotted washer, fits flush. ( the washer retains the spring)..using a homemade spring depressor i installed the home made kit!! the fronts shocks and spring were not done as these seem to work effectively for its design and function.

The kit has kept the viking from any further sagging and have notice an increase in handling, and performance. it a cheap way of improving your viking to perform with a restrained budget. hope this helps for those whom are looking to save a few bucks! it works for me. but use at your own risk!

just a note : a similar spacer could be easily machined with threads(using a larger thread 4-6T/I, UNS- ANSI B1.1 Trapezoidal thread) , this would allow for adjustable ride used with matching nut. (extensive machining involved, but completely doable).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts