Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your brakes squeal? Can you easily push your Rhino\Viking\Wolverine when it's in neutral? I just serviced my brakes (didn't change pads just lubed moving parts and adjusted parking brake) and holy crap does it make a difference. I wish I hadn't waited this long for the squealing to finally get to me....I have 1K miles on my V3.

-no more squealing
-coasting is smoother even with engine braking
-CVT runs cooler
-rear diff runs much cooler (I already have a heat shield)
-will update on improved gas mileage, getting 19 MPG currently (I'm amazed at this even after going to 14 gram weights)

I'm now thoroughly convinced that the way the brake system leaves the Yamaha factory is crap. Because nothing is lubricated the pads can't retract like they should because of all the friction and drag on the disc more, especially the parking brake.

BTW I used Liquid Wrench dry lube with Cerflon to coat the brake pad bolts and springs as well as the brake caliper guide pins. The stock silicone grease they use on the caliper guide pins crap and too viscous, especially in colder temps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see several posts regarding Parking Brake Adjustment, and I'm wondering:

1) what this entails?
2) how do you determine if this needs to be done?
3) how will I know when it is adjusted correctly?

Thanks from the newbie!

·
Banned
60 Posts
The parking brake won’t hold if at all when out of adjustment. When adjusted up it does pretty good but doesn’t last long it’s just a disc brake on the driveshaft. I invited a plug and play kit that locks all four wheels down at the corners that gives superior holding power and never has to be adjusted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts