Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tested my snorkels and they seemed to do great I ran into a problem when I let off the gas to shift into revers after getting stuck and it died. Sucked water up the exhaust is there a way to stop this or do I just have to stay on the gas when exhaust is under? I have greased the coil and plug wire. Also all vent lines are ran up high. image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha can't trail ride with a sub! A lot of the trails we ride are under water. I put it in the pond to test the snorkels and they did good until I got stuck and let off to put it in reverse. I ride with a lot of rzrs and the can all idle underwater. I'm just curious if the back pressure is to much for the single cylinder or if there's a way to make it idle underwater.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What did you seal you air box with? After it say for about 30 mins trying to get out the air box had water in it. I used marine grease but I had the lid off several times that day to check for water.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Just a thought regarding the water in airbox, have you checked that the rubber hose exiting the airbox going up has not crushed the flimsy plastic fuel pod up top. It happened to me whilst going deep, I felt the engine hesitate/splutter for a split second and knew straight away that it felt like water mixing with the fuel. Climbed out of water real fast and found this little culprit hiding down low underneath.

Question - Is my Snorkel system 100% water tight?
Answer - Finger smear thick RTV around every join and hose to pipe connection after you tighten up all hose clamps, yes it is. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Stock exhaust has a lot of back pressure. Take out your back part of your muffler. Like 4 little screws and try it bud. Might be loud but not stuck lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts