Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my grandpa a yamaha viking and had the dealer install a curtis hard cab on it for him and i am absolutely blown away by how loud it is in the cab. He will never use this thing because of how loud it is and we paid close to 25 grand for the thing. Is there anything that can be done to quiet this thing down in the cab? I have a yamaha viking with a soft cab and mine is not to bad but nothing compared to that hard cab it is ridiculous basically makes your ears ring its so loud. What can i do to fix this problem?

·
Banned
60 Posts
Hard cabs make them loud. I have a Polaris ranger at my work with a hard cab and that thing is crazy loud.

·
Registered
53 Posts
this is a simple fix and does not need another muffler. remove the existing muffler , cut the tail pipe end and at the weld seem, open it ,punch out the baffle and fill the inside with stainless steel pot scrubbers, put a stainless steel screen to act as spark arrester , reweld , install and you now have a john deere quite as flickering fire!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is a simple fix and does not need another muffler. remove the existing muffler , cut the tail pipe end and at the weld seem, open it ,punch out the baffle and fill the inside with stainless steel pot scrubbers, put a stainless steel screen to act as spark arrester , reweld , install and you now have a john deere quite as flickering fire!
That sounds like just what i need to do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I dont have a cab but I'm trying different things out, I cut off the tip and hollowed out the arrestor, and did the stainless steel brillo, that was ok. I going to try lining the inside of the muffler with about a inch thick and use a 2-1/2 round corrugated metal to hold the brillo in place that way it wont restrict the flo of the exhaust. You may need to dyno mat the rear of the cab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts