Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up our 2015 VI SE kinda in expectedly. I went to the local Yamaha dealer to look at a used Rhino and as soon as I saw the Viking I fell in love! I didn't know much about them but jumped in head first anyway and could not be happier.

Here are a pic from this summer in stock form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First task was to get some music.

$100+ for the Yamaha stereo mount is insane so I made one instead.

It is a 2006 Chevy Silverado dash kit. It slid right in and was sung. I cut some mounts out of polished stainless to secure it in on the sides.

For speakers I used 3 Sony pod speakers I had laying around.

The system is not water proof but works awesome for what we use it for. The best part is it cost me $0 it was all stuffing had laying around.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I picked up our 2015 VI SE kinda in expectedly. I went to the local Yamaha dealer to look at a used Rhino and as soon as I saw the Viking I fell in love! I didn't know much about them but jumped in head first anyway and could not be happier.

Here are a pic from this summer in stock form.

Don't feel bad, I went to the Yamaha Dealer to buy a generator for my Campsite for Talladega in October, I wound up buying a Viking 6! A REALLY FAST RED ROCKET! The one that dies with the MOST TOYS wins!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Added a windshield and starting my home made street legal kit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don't feel bad, I went to the Yamaha Dealer to buy a generator for my Campsite for Talladega in October, I wound up buying a Viking 6! A REALLY FAST RED ROCKET! The one that dies with the MOST TOYS wins!
By the way, I got the Generator for FREE! I had to buy the viking to get it. Did I really get if for free....doubt it! I love my generator and I LOVE my Viking!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Added a subwoofer to the Viking $125 and waterproof.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am looking at buying a marine stereo for mine since it is water resistant. I'll then add a Pyle marine amp and some marine speaker pods. They're available on Amazon for reasonable prices. That's my plan but funds are low.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today I made a heat shield for the rear end. I used some materials I had laying around the measurements are 4 1/2x14 and 10x14. I mounted it with some heavy duty rubber grommets so it would not rattle.

I still need to pull them out and smooth and clean up the edges.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been another year guess I should post another update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts