Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the Mad Viking Project. This thread will document the creation of a higher performing Viking... While very impressive for what it is, Yamaha left plenty on the table with this chassis, so I'm going to enjoy bringing the more extreme part of it out to play.

To start off, I'll be installing some Ohlins Suspension... I work and design heavily with their products, so it's a no brainer for me. They build top of the line stuff with technology that no one else uses. The TTX 44 with the Progressive Dampening System is the choice for this, though I may throw some smaller conventional units (with PDS) on for the mean time. The stock arms and shock mounts will support about 12" of travel, both front and rear... this machine will open a few eyes in the rough stuff. :cool:

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Look foward to seeing it all dont and some videos!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, after riding my Yamaha Nytro this winter, I knew the 686 would have to go, and a Yamaha 1049cc triple would be the power plant of choice. I recently located a 2013 Vector Snowmobile (same motor with a pinch less power) and purchased the engine and electronics.

The transmission to be used is a Yamaha VK Pro/Viking Snowmobile H/L/R unit, and the whole assembly will mount longitudinally.

An excellent thing about the Vector, is that it comes with electric power steering just like the ATV and UTV models. The wire harness and PS parts all came with the engine, and I suspect that I will able to integrate this into the Viking. The Vector and Grizzly and actually share some power steering parts, the drive motor being the most notable, and have the same harness plug ins. I'm hopeful whatever combo of parts I end up using will be able to communicate with the Vector ecu and make for a very tidy and capable install.

The goodies...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
That's gonna be pretty sweet setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can hardly wait to see more!!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Cant wait to see more on this build, Sounds like its going to be one awesome unit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any updates? Itching to see more!

·
Registered
45 Posts
What happened to this?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts