Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across a deal on some 16" rims that came off of a rhino. I need a decent snow tire for plowing parking lots and driveways without tearing up standard UTV tires. The smallest the local tire shop can get me in a mud/snow tire is a 29" tall tire. it is the same brand and style I have on my truck and it works great in 4x4 on the snow.

Just trying to decide if it's worth dropping $800 on the set. Also if there will be any complications. I don't rock climb or any extreme, mostly trail riding with limited rock. If needed after winter, i could put stock set back on. Other than seeing what top speed is a few times, fastest I ever have my viking is 30 on gravel roads to the trails.

thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd do it. Truck tires are obviously rated for more weight so they'll last forever on a Viking

·
Registered
77 Posts
As long as the buggy rim is wide enough and the bead is the same you might just be ok. You can probably get some used tires from a tire shop for free-fiddy-free to try.

Sent from under a mesquite tree while sipping on cholla juice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds cool. I also am buying a plow, and was told to run it while in low range. Going to a 29" tall tire is going to loose quite a bit of torque and increase belt slip.
Or am I incorrect in assuming that ? Anyone please comment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pics would be cool if you go down this path.
What rims do you plan to use?
Do the LT tires you are considering come in a 14 or 15 in rim? That might save some money.

...I have nothing better to do right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts