Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I am running RipSaw tires on an '18 Viking EPS and the shop that mounted them put 20psi in them. Today was my very first day off-road in the desert and I think the ride was a bit on the rough side....and I wonder if I should reduce the tire pressure to something in the 10psi range. Your thoughts, please. Lots of cactus and sharp rocks here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Folks,
I am running RipSaw tires on an '18 Viking EPS and the shop that mounted them put 20psi in them. Today was my very first day off-road in the desert and I think the ride was a bit on the rough side....and I wonder if I should reduce the tire pressure to something in the 10psi range. Your thoughts, please. Lots of cactus and sharp rocks here.
I don’t know if I go all the way down to 10psi... I have done 15psi up here in the snow with mine and it works great.. but then again no sharp rocks and cactus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
tried 10 psi........

I don’t know if I go all the way down to 10psi... I have done 15psi up here in the snow with mine and it works great.. but then again no sharp rocks and cactus
I have dropped down to 10-12psi and have ridden about 35 miles over sharp rocks and thorns with no issues.
Listed the oem tires on Craigslist and so far no calls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I run 5 psi with beadlocks. Have about 200 hours of driving at that pressure. Mostly sand, brush, and some rock. It's a very stiff sidewall so they flex well and are like an additional shock absorber! Don't know if I would go under 10 without beadlocks though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts