Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after riding all day yesterday I decided I should check my tire pressure. I know I should have checked them before I rode yesterday all over the desert and the rocks but I did I decided to to to it today. Well needless to say I was shocked to see that the pressures were all the way down to 9.5 to 10.5 PSI. Well the owners manual says that the recommended pressure should be 21 PSI for the front and 22.5 for the rear. This is for the Viking 6 all stock tire and rims. The funny thing is I just got this back after the recall so I know I did not lose this much pressure as I keep my Viking in the garage. BTW the ride of it on Saturday was nice and smooth, after I aired up the tires the ride was noticeably rougher over the same terrain and even bogged down in loose sand to the point where I had to lock in 4WD. So I guess the question I have is what is everyone running as far as tire pressure goes. All my riding is in the desert with sand and rocky areas in Yuma, Az. I also run on the roads as it is street legal for road use here.

·
Banned
261 Posts
Wow. My V3 manual says 11 front 13 rear for the stockers. In general you will want it in the softer side for rocks and harder for road.

Reactions: Robleticia

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I don't know what the factory tires were ran at or what the book says because I didn't run them very long before changing. I run my Outback Max at about 10 psi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Idk about the manual but on the side of the stock tires it says the max pressure was around 11 and the max mounting pressure was around 22

·
Banned
50 Posts
When I picked my V3 up last June the dealer had 25 psi all the way around
I lowered to to 10 on all 4
I have stock wheels and tires

·
Registered
260 Posts
Idk about stock either but i have 28in mega mayhems and run 10lbs all the way around. I got it from dealer with 27in roctanes and i ran 10lbs in those too

·
Registered
161 Posts
When I had my stock ones on I ran them around 10 and then decided to sue them up to 20 and couldn't believe how much easier it was to turn. Since I don't have power steering.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so it sounds like no one is following the recommendations from Yamaha so I have lower the pressures to 15 PSI may drop them to 10 psi depending on how it rides next time I go out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was wondering the same thing on my VI 20+ psi seems like way to much. I run mine at 12-15 with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I run my 29.5 terms on my vi at 17lbs right now. Was running at 7lbs but wanted a little extra height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts