Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I searched the forum for this question and answer but didn't find the exact answer I was looking for, unless I missed it. Anyways my question is this. I know bigger tires/wheels will cause your MPH to be wrong most of the time. But does that also cause issues with the correct miles and hours as well ? Also how bad do you think im going to hurt my machine with casual riding if I don't upgrade the clutch if I go to 26/27 inch tires.

Thanks
Jeremy

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Yes, it will affect your mph and mileage but not your hour meter. Going to a 26/27 wont make that much of a difference though. And with that size tire I would say clutch work is not necessary. However, I do recommend slugging the wet clutch. It will make your wet clutch slip less and last a lot longer and it makes your machine much more pleasurable to drive. No more whiplash from the engine brake.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it will affect your mph and mileage but not your hour meter. Going to a 26/27 wont make that much of a difference though. And with that size tire I would say clutch work is not necessary. However, I do recommend slugging the wet clutch. It will make your wet clutch slip less and last a lot longer and it makes your machine much more pleasurable to drive. No more whiplash from the engine brake.
Thanks , Robleticia that's good to know. I want a JBS but don't have the extra cash right now, but would like some bigger tires in the mean time. (although I may go for the power steering before clutch, cant make up my mind) Also this may be a silly question but since it affects your Mileage is there something that you guys do to keep track of that? I would assume that would hurt resell value if your mileage is higher then it technically is ? Just curious

Thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have wondered if there was any way to change calibration for tire size. I hate it when speedometers are off and the odometer too.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Thanks , Robleticia that's good to know. I want a JBS but don't have the extra cash right now, but would like some bigger tires in the mean time. (although I may go for the power steering before clutch, cant make up my mind) Also this may be a silly question but since it affects your Mileage is there something that you guys do to keep track of that? I would assume that would hurt resell value if your mileage is higher then it technically is ? Just curious

Thanks again.
http://hotrodforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3870
No cash for JBS, try your luck at winning 'the best mod ever'. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts