Yamaha Viking Forum banner

Tires & Wheels installed on the Viking

46K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  Viking2k14 
#1 ·
Monday i installed some 28" Maxxis BigHorn 2.0's on 14x7 HD2 Wheels.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

See less See more
#3 ·
I just got off the phone with the yamaha shop and ordered mine, HD2 wheels and ROCTANE XT tires

#4 ·
I called the Yamaha Dealer where i got mine, and they wanted alot more $$$. I got mine through Rocky Mountain ATV. I really liked the Ride of the BH 2.0, that is why stayed with them. But i did look at the price of the HD2's and Roctane XD, it was like 893 and some change shipped for the tires/wheels and lug nuts. Not sure how much your dealer is charging you. Be sure to post up some pics!!

#5 ·
it was right around $950, also includes lugs and everything.

#8 ·
Thanks, appreciate it.

I choose the BH 2.0s becuase i relally liked the ride of the stockers, and the weight diffrence is very little over stock. I have not noticed any major loss in pwer at all with this setup, you can step on the gas, and it has no problem going, im very happy with my setup, and also NO RUBBING.

#10 ·
How much wider did it make it ? I tried 28x10-14 Roctanes on STI HD Beadlocks and it was six inches wider in the front (64 1/2)....Way to wide for riding up here in Maine. Very disappointed because it looked incredible. Did you use spacers on the rear?, also my center caps were about one inch to short to clear the hub/axle.

#11 · (Edited)
Well the HD2 wheels have the same Offset as the stockers i think, so they barely stic out at all,
No Spacers
I had no problems with the center caps, but a member over on Vikingforum.org, where im a Moderator, Ordered the same setup as me, but got the black HD2's for his Camo Viking, and he got the black Center Caps, and they wouldnt work either. He's using some center caps off another brand of wheel i think, till STI makes one for the Viking. Like i said though, i didnt have any issues when i put them on.

The other member's dealer let him have the other caps, and he had been in Contact with STI, and they are supposed to let him know when the new Caps are out.

#16 ·
Did look good for sure, its raining at the moment, and ive got the Viking covered up, but soon as i can, i'll get out there and do that for you. I posted another pic above, you can really tell in other pic i just added.

#18 ·
PICS PICS PICS, Lets see the PICS!!!!!

Yeah, you always got to order lug nuts with aftermarket wheels, stockers dont work.

#19 ·
Once I get the final seat covers and the windshield, I will post the pics. By the way, the spray bedliner is the way to go. It was not difficult. I am 62 and the hardest part was finding the motivation to sand new paint on a new toy. Another improvement was going to the automotive store and getting plastic caps to fill the holes where the bedrail attaches. Makes it look much cleaner.

#20 ·
Look foward to seeing the pics.

Far as the Bed goes, i actually took it last week and got it sprayed, and it turned out great. Great idea on the caps to fill the holes on top of the bed, i may do that sometime aswell.

#22 ·
#24 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Locking hubs Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

running 28" Interco Swamplites on 14" ITP SS 112 wheels with a 2" lift, giving me 15 " of ground clearance u front, 14" in rear, and 17" at the bar under the floor board.

Reactions: inuk_qallunaaq
#25 ·
Im a new member and new buyer of a Viking. I had the dealer put the Maxxis Bighorn's 28'' on my new side-x-side. My question is how well with these tires do in the mud? I will be using my side-x-side around the house and didnt want anything to aggressive and tearing up my yard. Will i be disapointed in these tires and their performence at the hunting club??

#27 ·
Just bought a new Viking and had dealer put the Maxxis Bighorns 28'' on. plan on being able to use it around the house without tearing the yard up. My questions is am I going to be disappointed with these tires on the hunting lease. I live in Central Louisiana and mainly deal with gumbo and would be the worst mud.

#28 ·
they have white letters not sure about the 2.0's. Sorry about that doube message. Still trying to figure this fourm out and how to post things.

#30 ·
Thanks for the information. I'm currently at work and Wife is Picking my new bike up this weekend on Tax Free weekend in Louisiana. Hope to be able to put some new pics of it as soon as i get home. I'll have another week before i actually get to see it. CANT WAIT for my first ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.