Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my truck, but have a Jeep Wrangler. I have a nice duel axle trailer to haul my Viking. Has anyone had experience towing with a Wrangler on the Interstate?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I sold my truck, but have a Jeep Wrangler. I have a nice duel axle trailer to haul my Viking. Has anyone had experience towing with a Wrangler on the Interstate?
Just remember, you have 4 wheel drive and not 4 wheel stop. They go much better than they'll ever stop unless you augment with trailer brakes. I had a 2012 JK running 35 BFG MT's and pulled a 1969 M101 behind it on and off road. Weight wise, I'd say I probably at one time or another had as much or more weight than your contemplating, and while doable, you'll find out awful quick why it is isn't fun when some azzhole cuts you off in the rain.

·
Banned
50 Posts

This is for the 2016
Not sure what year you have
If your trailer weights as much as mine you will be over the limit of the wrangler

Here is my trailer it weighs 1875 empty
I had to get it weighed to tag it

·
Enjoying my Viking
540 Posts

This is for the 2016
Not sure what year you have
If your trailer weights as much as mine you will be over the limit of the wrangler

Here is my trailer it weighs 1875 empty
I had to get it weighed to tag it
What year is the cab to the left?

·
Banned
60 Posts
I have a 2011 jkur which has a Ripp supercharger, 5:13 gears, 3.5 in Aev lift, 35 in Mickey Thompson mtz's, and an aux tranny cooler. With the way it's set up it will out pull my f-150 with a 5.4 all day long and stops good but with that said I will always use my f-150. The reason is the jeep is a big box and really isn't meant to tow anything. Towing in a strong crosswind is not much fun all but if that is what you have roll with it just don't overload the tranny.

·
Banned
50 Posts
What year is the cab to the left?

It's a '37 Chevy you can see the bed laying against the shed
My parents bout 2 of them back in '79
Took the best parts from both to make 1 truck
As you can tell they didn't get to far
It sat at my my uncles place in SW Oklahoma till a few years ago when I picked it up

I haven't gotten very far either
The only thin I'm missing is front and rear fenders

·
Registered
77 Posts
You'll likely want some trailer brakes. The stock brakes on a wrangler are sufficient enough for stopping its own weight. Add 3-4000lbs behind it and it's going to get pretty interesting quick. Add in some larger than stock tires that have more rotational mass and it will suck.
And if you do wreck into somebody and were grossly overweight you could open yourself up to a lot of civil liability. Not worth it IMO. Something about the right tool for the job.

Sent from under a mesquite tree while sipping on cholla juice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Reactions: cleang35
1 - 11 of 11 Posts