Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have upgraded to 14" wheels and 28-9-14 and 28-11-14 tires. I can def tell the difference with new tires it takes longer to get up to speed starting off its a lot slower. Just wanted some thoughts from others if its really necessary or not.

·
Registered
260 Posts
what kind of tires and whats the weight on them. id say if they were light like bighorns or zillas no. but if theyre heavy like roctanes and mega mayhems then yea probably. if your going slow and in low gear most of the time i think you could get away with not putting it in for awhile. i have the heavy 27in roctanes and im going to have a jbs clutch kit put in after hunting season

·
Registered
29 Posts
After not having one, then getting one. I say Yes, get a sheave. Waaay better! I have the Hunterworks sheave. secondary spring, and wet clutch slug kit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where do you get them? Also I just use the viking around the house as of now don't take it out and ride all day, hell a full tank of gas lasted me 3 months! But I def noticed a difference it take off speed. I have swamplites on it

·
Registered
256 Posts
Also have swamplites.. No clutch kit 27". Won't be gettn one. Got better things to spend money on.. And I'm like u. A full tank last me months. Don't get much chance to ride. Mostly use it for work anyway ImageUploadedByOff-Road Forums1416079456.067960.jpg ImageUploadedByOff-Road Forums1416079517.707955.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts