Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made up my mind I'm going with a Viking, now calling around to dealers in and around area to find out who has best price, customer service, etc.

A couple of dealers have mentioned the 16 models and stated there is not anything different. Is anyone able to elaborate on this? I may contact Yamaha directly and find out.

I doubt there is much different, but would assume there are minor changes made, just want an honest answer without someone trying to sell one based on inventory.

Thanks as always for the help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found these "New for 16" in the features section. Is there anything else other than these I'm missing?

Thanks for the help tn blue Viking!

Quieter, Smoother Cabin
New rubber damper plates, a more rigid chassis, additional sound damping material and an all-new cylinder head mount reduce vibration and quiet the cabin for a more relaxing ride quality at all engine speeds.
More Rigid Cargo Box with Integrated Accessory Mounts
New stiffer cargo box further reduces noise and vibration inside the cabin, while the cargo bed rails now incorporate mounting points to make adding genuine Yamaha accessories that much easier. A rubber cargo bed mat is included to further reduce noise and vibration while improving durability.
Improved Convenience
New automotive-style two-stage door latches are fitted, and inside the cabin, a new parking brake warning buzzer warns the driver if the vehicle is driven while the brake is engaged.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ask about the rear shocks on the 2016, there a little week on the 2015. I have some for the VI on order. A few people or changing them out. They are heavier springs.

·
Registered
231 Posts
BE SURE to get the extended warranty! I had the first service done yesterday and the bill was $422.29. The plan cost me $1299.00 but I paid nothing out of pocket. I know, I know I paid for it! LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
id go with the 2016, for all the improvement's.

Reactions: Jdawg

·
Registered
26 Posts
My local Yamaha dealer spoke of more sound deading and a brace for the motor or the dash to help with the dash shake for the 16.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't even notice the dash shake because I'm usually looking forward and having too much fun. It's there but minimal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts