Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide if I need a half windshield or a full windshield. I know the benefits (cold weather riding) and downsides (dust) of a full windshield. My concern is just how much wind does a half windshield deflect? What about trailering will a half windshield, does it need to be taken off for trailering like a full windshield? I'm not sure if I want a folding windshield. Does a half windshield help with the dust issue? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I live in Alaska..So don't know how dusty it gets there but since I have owned mine..Just a month now...I am so glad I got the fold down windshield ..One it started to get cold and it blocked the wind and that helped a lot...Two, went riding in the hills with a buddy of mine and at the end of the day the wife and I had a little mud on us and he was covered all over and he has one of those half windshields on his Polaris ...Now about traveling..I don't have that problem as I have a enclosed trailer but I see a lot of people pull there rides backwards ...So you just put the window down and put a bungee cord over the window and you should be good ...Also seen them facing front ..Also a bungee cord over the window folded down..Also seen them with the window up ..Hope that helps a little. ...Last little thing ...Remember full-down windshield turns into a half ...But a half will never turn into a full ...:)

Reactions: Jdawg
1 - 2 of 2 Posts