Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering how the new designed 700 seems to run. how does it compare to rhino? how is yhe overall ride and handling compare also. any help would be great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The new Viking has a higher compression which gives it considerably more punch-combined with the fuel injection it is very responsive. Remember that the Viking is not a
pure sport utv. It is designed for work as well as play. Mine will do 51 mph if you wish. Lots of torque. I do not have the power steering and I think it handles easy. The ride is very stable and secure. I rode them all before I bought mine and it was number 1 in that area. The big single is a little loud for me, you won't be sneaking up on any deer in the woods. It is huge compared to the old Rhino-no comparison-The people that say it is just another Rhino have never tested one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an old 400 Kodiak which has a very similar engine design. It is 18yrs old and pulls like a tank and has never given me a problem. Yamaha could have made a higher revving twin for the Viking
but why do that when you have a bulletproof design that works well and can withstand lots of punishment? Their goal was not a 75mph sport machine this time around.
That will probably come later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for info good reply iam thinking it would be a good choice for me i need something that will work but play good also.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The new Viking has a higher compression which gives it considerably more punch-combined with the fuel injection it is very responsive. Remember that the Viking is not a
pure sport utv. It is designed for work as well as play. Mine will do 51 mph if you wish. Lots of torque. I do not have the power steering and I think it handles easy. The ride is very stable and secure. I rode them all before I bought mine and it was number 1 in that area. The big single is a little loud for me, you won't be sneaking up on any deer in the woods. It is huge compared to the old Rhino-no comparison-The people that say it is just another Rhino have never tested one.
Do you know how much the Powersteering option is?

·
Registered
32 Posts
$1000- One of the reasons I didn't opt for it.. I might add that I will probably never be in the mountains with it or driving extremely difficult terrain
living here in northern Indiana.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is enough that I would have to think about adding it. I've been fortunate enough to be driving UTV's with PS and I'm not sure I can go back. It's SO nice to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts