Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold my Rhino want to get Viking or Teryx . need help deciding. want to know if heat issues are big enough deternt not to het Viking. I never had any problems with Rhino at all with anything. Does anyone know when the 2015 3 seater be out, maybe fix some issues . I believe the hot exhaust issue is from making engine run to lean, as to get better fuel milage, same problem with my Harley, ECU reprogram. Anyhow would members buy another Viking or would you switch. Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Welcome, I'd buy another Viking in a sec, i have no heat issues at all. Love my Vik, and love Yamaha, had several over the years, not 1 of them, has ever let me down. I would highly recommend one to ya. I like the looks of the others like the Teryx, Can-am's, etc. But the Viking, is just a great machine, and i can fit 4 across the cab in it, 2 adults, and 3 & 7 year old nieces and still be plenty comfy.

Reactions: sandbagger

·
Registered
260 Posts
welcome to the forum roadhog. obviously being on a viking forum evryones goin to be biased towards the vikings, and with good reason. the teryx is a great machine. i ride with them evry weekend and lots of guys have them. ive never drove one but what im telling you is what the guys who have them have told me.they look nice new and have the vtwin so ull never be short on power. but they are noisy too and get hot in the cab.the shell is metal so it dents and gets scratchd easy. i have the camo viking and it still looks brand new. the gas pedal on the teryx is almost parallel with the floor and makes it rough on your ankle when your in the gas all day. i guess its so bad that guys have resorted to bungee chording 4x4 blocks in front of the gas pedal to give their foot a place to sit comfortably. ive heard that the viking is alot smoother ride( onfe again idk. never drove a teryx) and ive already heard guys complaining about tranny, belt, axle and bearing problems. i only have 120 miles on my viking but so far no problems. i go everywere the teryx goes and i have no trouble keeping up them. you can only go so fast through the woods. i believe the viking has better stability. if i had to do it over again id definitely stick with the viking without a doubt. JMHO. and hope we can help you out. anyway good luck with whatever you decide

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yamaha every time. I wrapped my exhaust in Titanium header wrap and it has not been an issue at all. The brakes even stopped squeaking after a couple hundred miles...I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Teryx

thanks for input test drove Teryx today and was really impressed with how quick it was. It would blow away my Rhino. and it was more quiet too. also 3 year warranty. I still need to drive the Viking. I do lile the idea of 3 seats and bigger bed though , so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
The bigger bed is nice, the 3 seats is nice, but its gonna be tuff, or would be for me anyways, if i test drove the Vtwin Kawi first, then drove the 700 Viking. The 3 year warranty sounds great. I have a Can-am atv with thsounds amazing, wish my Viking sounded like it.e 71hp Rotax V-twin, and it.

But in all honestly, i knew all that when i got my Viking, i could have got anything i wanted really, but I needed the seats to haul my 3-7 year old nieces around. I've always had Yamaha in the past, and not one of them had ever let me down, and i had it to do all over again, i'd still pick the Viking over anything else, its got plenty of pep for me, puts a smile on my face when i hit the "Go" Peddle, it just doesn't sound as good as my V-twin Can-am, lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just sold my Rhino want to get Viking or Teryx . need help deciding. want to know if heat issues are big enough deternt not to het Viking. I never had any problems with Rhino at all with anything. Does anyone know when the 2015 3 seater be out, maybe fix some issues . I believe the hot exhaust issue is from making engine run to lean, as to get better fuel milage, same problem with my Harley, ECU reprogram. Anyhow would members buy another Viking or would you switch. Thanks Guys
Welcome to the forum! I just rented a T4 las weekend. I posted a review http://www.****************/forum/yamaha-viking-versus-competition/7650-rented-t-rex4-750-a.html

It was a fine machine, but two BIG dislikes came to mind: The position of the gas pedal, and the super stiff steering. I rented a 750, whereas the 800 would most likely be better with the fox shocks and powersteering. We are lucky that we have so many options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the three seats sound really nice have two grand daughters 3&5 so that would be nice, also my wife just told me the kaw is ugly and looks like a tank haha,

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't yet own a sxs yet but I have driven a few . IMHO, they are all loud to an extent, enough so that without a soundproofing project (some of the guys have worked on theirs) I will wear a helmet or earplugs,which I do anyway with my atv, kind of a habit working in an industrial atmosphere. I drove a '13 T2 and just the short while I drove it I could feel the center console warming up a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts