Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2014 Viking and after it started overheating I took it in and they said the fan wasn't working . So they fixed it but it did not fix the problem . Still overheating . apparently they are guessing . You would have thought they would have checked it before letting me drive away with it still overheating .

·
Banned
177 Posts
I got a 2014 Viking and after it started overheating I took it in and they said the fan wasn't working . So they fixed it but it did not fix the problem . Still overheating . apparently they are guessing . You would have thought they would have checked it before letting me drive away with it still overheating .
Is the fan coming on? If it is...the system probably needs to be bled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 Viking overheating. Fan cycling, (new), thermostat replaced, system bled several times, temp light still coming on. What could it be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bled it again and drove it hard for three miles. Overheat light intermittently on, then steady. Bled again. Needed it. I have bled this thing I don’t know how many times, run with the radiator cap off, good circulation, fan cycling, and still needs bleeding and overheats. Hopefully new temp sensor will help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2018 v6 and had the same problem the best wat to bleed the viking 6 is to lift the frontend with a jack to help get the air out. Have you cleaned out the rad the fins get plugged, I did buy a close out panels from JBS that helped alot;

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 viking also, over heated when the fan stopped. Put on high volume fan, bleed system with front jacked up, no help. New thermostat , bleed system no help. Checked water pump and put in a new sending unit, no help. Checked compression and was good. Still over heating. Asked the dealer how much to do a head gasket if required, they said its a big job and could not quote a price? I have posted on this problem but no out their seems to be any smater than me because not one responded. I can do the head but did not want to go there if not required. Going to hook the fan up with a switch and run it full time and see if that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts