Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my Viking and while having a winch mounted took a look at the underside. I noticed the skid plate mounted under the winch is plastic the same as the stick stoppers. The majority of the skid plate is metal and appears to be permantly attached to the frame. Can the metal portion of the skid plate(s) be removed without using a torch? I want to replace the plastic front skid plate, the front and rear stick stoppers with something more durable. Any recommendations? Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
The rear CV boot guards lasted about half an hour on the first ride before getting snagged on a rock and ripping off so I replaced them with Warn body armor aluminum ones. I believe Warn also makes skid plates but I know there are several other brands.

·
Banned
171 Posts
The rear CV boot guards lasted about half an hour on the first ride before getting snagged on a rock and ripping off so I replaced them with Warn body armor aluminum ones. I believe Warn also makes skid plates but I know there are several other brands.
I have the Warn A arm guards as well. I think they do a great job. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got warn a arm, front and rear. Fasteners are all counter sunk, and flush. A year ago they did not make a bash plate or rear diff protector. Got mine from Rocky Mtn ATV. Also at that time Rocky Mtn did not sell the front bash plate. Google the plate , there is one made . never heard any complaints with JBS either.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Jbs all the way!!!
Yeah jealous, got mine before JBS had them for sale.

But I will be purchasing the front and back skids from JBS, cause they look better than the other options that I have investigated. Have hesitated in getting front and rears as I put a lot of consideration into UHMW full skid plate. But I think that it is time to add to cart something before I regret not changing out the 2 plastic bullseye's that protect the diffs. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On Friday I received an e-mail from JBS stating that they are no longer selling front and rear skid plate packages for Vikings. That option has also been removed from their web site as well. At least I received my A arm guards from Warn.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
On Friday I received an e-mail from JBS stating that they are no longer selling front and rear skid plate packages for Vikings. That option has also been removed from their web site as well. At least I received my A arm guards from Warn.
They are coming back! I have a thread going if you are still interested?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts