Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I sold my 06 Rhino last night with the intentions of putting that $ into a new Viking VI. I am planning on going to pick it up tomorrow, but I am starting to worry that my trailer isn't large enough. I have a 6x12 with a gate ramp and I noticed that the VI is every bit of 12ft. long. Does anyone else haul their VI with a 12 footer? I was thinking I could back it onto the trailer and hopefully enough of the bed would hang over the front to fit it in, plus the weight of the engine would be up front too. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Viking vi barely fit on the 12' foot trailer with ramp. The problem is the weight is mostly all in the rear which causes the trailer to sway a lot during travel. hopes this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i extended the pins that the gate goes in with washers (5) that gave me the extra inch i needed and i put a used couch cushion in between the unit and gate for protection and i cut open a piece of used 5 inch firehose and wire tied it to the front of trailer for protection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pull mine all over with a 6x12 trailer. It's ties down easy and remains stable. Granted, I don't pull it all over the place for hunting and the like, but I do use it in town for dealer visits, to get to certain beach or bay fishing spots/events that I can't drive it to from the beach access at my house. Lengthwise, its a tight fit, but I have never had any issues. The trailer I use has 15" tires and has ben working well for me. If was to do it again, I would probably have gone to 14ft in length, but overall, I am pleased with how it handles on the 12ft trailer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What size straps do you use? And what do you strap to on your machine? As you can guess I'm a newbie going to pick up at dealer on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts