Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have recommendations for a winch and winch mount. All the mounts say they won't work with the yamaha brush guard if I'm reading it correctly. Also what size winch do y'all recommend.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
81 Posts
5000 for the vi. And the stock mounts don't bolt right up easily buy one that is made for the Viking. Choose ur brand. There are many out there. Everyone has their own opinion on brands. My main winch is viper max wide spool 5k. Rear 3500 mad dog

·
Registered
81 Posts
U will have to get one with custom plate. The universal won't work. I got mine from eBay came with custom plate for Viking. They cost about 50. Have all different brands of those also

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just finished installing an Eagle Winch on my new VI Ranch Edition. I purchased the plow, plow mount, motion pac (for power angle), 3500# winch and winch mount. Went together with little fanfare. The instructions show installing the winch mount, then installing the winch to the mount. That didn't work per the instructions because the negative post on the winch was in hard contact with the vehicle frame. I removed the winch and the front bolts which mounted the bracket to the Yamaha brush guard, moved the winch forward to effectively "sandwich" the winch bracket between the brush guard and the winch. Discussed with the folks at Eagle Plow and the only suggestion was to obtain a 1/4" or so longer bolt to ensure good engagement in the winch body. My intent is to use for lifting and lowering the plow but in a pinch it should pull me out of a stuck situation.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not familiar with plows but I run a 3500 on the rear and 5000 on front. The 3500 would be sufficient to pull u out of a bind in snow. Just not deep thick mudd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts