Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i just purchased a set of brand new sand paddles and fronts from a guy for a killer deal. This includes 4 rims.

The problem is, the rims have holes for LUGS/STUDS that are apron 1/16 inch smaller than the LUGS/Studs on my viking. Do i got to a machine shop and have them drill them out? Also, the rims don't have any "dimple" in them for the round part of the LUG NUT to go into, so do i buy a special type of lug nut for these rims?

Sean.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If it was me id drill em myself. If you drill em slightly bigger than you need just enought for the tapered part of the lug nut to fit down in you should be fine

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would use a dremel tool to make it bigger because it's gonna be hard to use a drill bit on that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So i just ended up drilling them out with a 15/32 bit. Then every so slightly reaming them a tiny bit to allow the studs to just barely pass threw the opening. I turned the lugs around so the flat part is now against the rim and that seems to be working thus far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to buy some flat lugs that have 2mm bigger diameter. Thats almost 1/8inch wider, just to give me as much surface area touching the rim as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts