Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out all of the options and definately open to non Yamaha branded accessories. I had a Polaris Ranger with a real glass windshield. I am trying to figure out what direction to go with half or full windshield for the Viking. How much wind does a half windshield really deflect? Does a half windshield need to be removed for trailer towing? It seems like the full windshields need to be removed. If thats the case, which brands are both durable and easy to take off and put back on. Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have a Moose fold down plastic windshield. We fold it forward when towing just to keep bugs off and unnecessary damage. We have had it 2-3 months. I bought it as it was highly recommended by the dealer ( a must have ). To be honest, most often when we trail ride , it is down, when we work at home, it is down, on the trailer, down. It is already scratched pretty good. It does not go all the way to the top , so when driving in the rain you still get wet. Also it just straps around the front cage to secure it when up or down. It has rubbed a spot on the hood where it lays. To be honest, I think I could have done without it. Thinking about taking the top half off and just using as a wind shield. Oh one more thing, when you are on a dusty trail, once it gets dirty you cant see, cant wipe it for fear of scratching, to do over again, full glass or none at all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the only time I use a windshield is in the winter .I keep a plastic roll up windshield in back so if it rains
What kind of roll up windshield do you have , I've been looking at the quad gear that's technically made for a ranger. That's the only one I can find

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Yamaha folding windshield comes with rubber mounts the windshield sits in with it open, and I always have trailered it on open trailer with it closed, run 70 mph with no problems

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5....and a lenght of string

1 - 7 of 7 Posts