Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VikingForum.net is a friendly community dedicated to the Yamaha Viking.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Yamaha Viking questions, problems or would just like to discuss it in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all! My name is Jeff Marteney. I am from cardington Ohio. I just bought a viking on august 17th. Red one that has the top. We do a ton Of riding as a family And with friends. I also have a sportsman 500. The rest Of our fleet is Polaris except one arctic Cat. We Ride all over the place. Michigan, Tenneessee, west virginia, And kentucky. hope to get a rzr xp down the Road.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Hey all, Josh from Kountze, Tx. Put my money down on a Viking end of June, got it week or so ago. Really like it so far, Also have a 2011 CanAm Outlander 800 XTP.

·
Registered
32 Posts
new viking owner

Hi, Stan from NE Indiana.

My wife and I just bought a Viking from Planet Powersports in Coldwater Mi. on Saturday. We were thinking about buying a SxS since January. I did a lot of reading about
them cause I like to research expensive stuff that I will probably keep a long time. I am fond of Yamaha quality mainly because of the 1995 Kodiak 400 I have owned
since new that has been indestructible. If this machine is half as tough as that I will be very happy with it. Love the machine so far. My wife really likes it for doing
chores and just riding around our country home area. The only negative so far is that it is kind of loud. The fit and finish is awesome. Good engineering shows thru it everywhere. I really wanted to compare the new Honda pioneer to it but no dealers around here had any in stock. The Viking is extra large everywhere compared to other sport/utility machines. Looking forward to sharing stuff on this site.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi all, My name is Aaron I just puchased my new Yamaha Viking on 8/9/13, (RED NON EPS) love it so far have added a couple acessories and have more on order love it so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day everyone my name is shawn Martin, AKA- midnightrider, I got my new viking about 2 months ago now and I must say iam really liking it, for the past 3 years I've been riding a Polaris rzr s, orange madness, 30 inch tires, clutch kit, free flow exhaust lights, bumper, dual rate springs, and the list goes on, but it just didn't have the room I need for moose hunting( did I mention I live in Newfoundland , Canada, the best moose hunting grounds in North America, and we always have to leave the kids behind, I really hated that, so instead of buying a 4 seater I went with a 3 seater yamaha and bought the kids a Polaris rzr 170 , so they can have there own sxs and learn how to care for them, I was a yamaha man from a early age so the viking was an easy choice for me, I was happy to see this fourm and glad to be apart of it you will hear from me later as they start to roll out the performance parts..... Cheers everyone :))

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy all. name is Lou. I havent bought a Viking yet, but plan on doing so this week. I am liking all the reviews I have read. I was leaning to the 900xp, but have done more research and decided the Viking is the path I will follow. Going to trade my 2012 Super Tenere on it. the ST only has 700 miles, messed my back up and cant ride anymore, but need something to help out on the small farm my wife and I just bought.

Anyway, have fun all

Lou

·
Registered
60 Posts
Howdy all. name is Lou. I havent bought a Viking yet, but plan on doing so this week. I am liking all the reviews I have read. I was leaning to the 900xp, but have done more research and decided the Viking is the path I will follow. Going to trade my 2012 Super Tenere on it. the ST only has 700 miles, messed my back up and cant ride anymore, but need something to help out on the small farm my wife and I just bought.

Anyway, have fun all

Lou
Welcome aboard Lou and good luck / congrats on the soon to be Viking :)...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good day everyone my name is shawn Martin, AKA- midnightrider, I got my new viking about 2 months ago now and I must say iam really liking it, for the past 3 years I've been riding a Polaris rzr s, orange madness, 30 inch tires, clutch kit, free flow exhaust lights, bumper, dual rate springs, and the list goes on, but it just didn't have the room I need for moose hunting( did I mention I live in Newfoundland , Canada, the best moose hunting grounds in North America, and we always have to leave the kids behind, I really hated that, so instead of buying a 4 seater I went with a 3 seater yamaha and bought the kids a Polaris rzr 170 , so they can have there own sxs and learn how to care for them, I was a yamaha man from a early age so the viking was an easy choice for me, I was happy to see this fourm and glad to be apart of it you will hear from me later as they start to roll out the performance parts..... Cheers everyone :))
Welcome aboard Martin and congrats on the Viking!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm Greg from Rainbow City, Alabama. Took delivery of my non-eps Camo Viking last week. Everything I was hoping for so far! Wish Yamaha would get a move on with the accessories!

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Welcome to all!!!

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
x2 on the previous posting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all. I am from Nebraska and just purchased a red Viking. I am looking forward to putting the Viking to good use and learning from everyone on this site.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Welcome to the board

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, My name is Van. I am researching the purchase of a SXS. Have already gotten an absurd price quote on a Polaris. There is a really volatile market around my home in the SXS market lately. The closest dealer to me with a Viking is in another state from me. That is ok, since I am in no hurry. I will just wait for the market to stabilize, and for the aftermarket to catch up on accessories. I am looking forward to learning about these machines, from you. Please keep the posts coming. They are very interesting.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts