Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know some of you guys, are bound to have done something on your Viking, in the last few days!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I've got the Viking last week, so all I did is a basic maintenance and cleaning. The filters looked fine and the previous owner mentioned that he changed them about 3 months ago. By the way how often should I clean/change the air filter?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would clean it about every 25 hours. I am not sure what the book says. A lot would depend upon the conditions. If it is raining and lot, and no dust, the filter is not going to get too dirty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A friend helped another guy install the sound dampening ket, and he said it was not hard. The newer ones comes with the sound deadening kit and the engine stabilizer. It does make a difference! I also installed a Silent Rider on the end of the regular muffler. It only reduced the noise about 2.5 dB, but it changed the tone to a more mellow sound. Check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I found this exact filter online and instructions says "Clean every 10,000 miles" https://www.powersportsid.com/knn/o...-od-x-8-75-l-x-4-344-w-x-9-h-mpn-ya-6914.html

...what a joke! Ok I guess just inspect it from time to time and use common sense.
Hahaha, yeah I think they’re trying to be funny too many zero's there! You’re definitely on the right track with common sense, dusty conditions! check it regularly and it won’t actually need replacing unless it is showing signs of deterioration, if your in a really dusty place might be worth putting a snorkel on her, makes a huge difference

·
Registered
5 Posts
A friend helped another guy install the sound dampening ket, and he said it was not hard. The newer ones comes with the sound deadening kit and the engine stabilizer. It does make a difference! I also installed a Silent Rider on the end of the regular muffler. It only reduced the noise about 2.5 dB, but it changed the tone to a more mellow sound. Check it out.
I have fitted the Silent Rider on mine too and was a little disappointed, definitely removed some of the big Thumper noise but still quite noisy, I’m thinking of getting a larger silencer custom made fo my Viking, there’s enough room behind the motor to put something more substantial in there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What kind, make of sound dampening kit did you get. Have been looking at mine thinking of way to insulate it a bit for sound.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Went for a 65km run with the three kids on the old rail bed. Saw a couple dozen other sxs out on the trail.
Pretty windy maybe 50km/h +10C
Got 300km on it now hopefully get more time on it now that the 6ft of snow has melted

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts