Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a new 2015 camo Viking last week. Sold my golf cart and bought my first UTV. I've ordered the jump seat from cabelas to haul the kids sometimes, it's so wide actually have room for them up front. What I don't like is the small 25" tires that came on it. What size should I get and from where? Dealer wanted $800 just to put 28" new tires on same rims. Had some 26" I could have for 400 but I didn't know if we're big enough. What size should I put to keep it riding good and safe without breaking the bank. What type should I stay away from, see so many different tread patterns. I will be using it on hunting club and also driven in our neighborhood on pavement. Not planning on changing wheel, just tires unless I find a good combo deal. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
IMG_2645.jpg

RedDmax I just mounted 28x10x12 (front) 28x12x12 (rear) Zillas on the stock rims. I wanted to use the stock rims for when I'm out on the trails or hunting and bought some STI with Duro Scorchers for around the neighborhood and the lake, I didn't want to tear up nice set of rims on the rocks or woods.
The Zillas are great and I got them on eBay for a little over 300 bucks. it does raise it up about 2in. I don't have a lift or spacers on yet because I wanted to see how it was with out them first. 28s are a little big but no rubbing at all.
I did put the V6 shocks on and that help out with the sag but I still have the spacers and lift if i need it

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm thinking of buying the same size tires and wheel's for all four corners and one for a spare.
that way the spare will fit all four corners. I'm wondering why Yamaha didn't think of that....

·
Registered
161 Posts
image.jpg

Here is mine with 30 inch outback max's and a 3 inch strong made lift

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
image.jpg y
These are some sharp looking Vikings that everybody has. I will check ebay for some tires and look at a few other websites too. If I do get some wheels do I need a certain offset end what's the lug lattern called for these? I tried posting a pic of my truck and Viking, Don't know if I did it will show up correctly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
4/110 bolt pattern. Make sure you get 12 mm lug nuts and deep center caps for your wheels

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see on eBay there are quite a few that say ATV/UTV wheels with the 4-110 lug pattern. Is there a difference between the wheels, do I need a higher weight rating for my Viking. Several say removed from ATV. Saw some honda rincon wheels that say 4-110 log pattern also, would they work?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah same bolt pattern. As for the weight rating I don't think there is a difference. I've heard guys on this forum say they took wheels off their Grizzlies and put them on their Viking

·
Registered
55 Posts
27" MotoHammers on 14" ITP SS212 wheels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good on hard pack and mud.. And won't break the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oops with picture...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts